6lb primo roaster for sale with exhaust ducting

Nugget

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm getting a larger roaster so I can keep up with demand (and keep my day job). It's a primo 6lb and its in excellent condition. Bought new nov 13, I'd planned on including the van packer double-walled positive pressure, stainless grease ducting. Nice stuff, cool to the touch and the same stuff diedrich recommends. Deon from primo roasters used to be an engineer with diedrich and started his own company.
It's a beautiful roaster and makes a great shop roaster.
This roaster has an infrared burner and is very efficient.
Propane (can be converted to natural)
ive installed 2 additional temp probes and phidgets and I run artisan.
Located in northern Florida

for just the roaster : $6900 plus shipping (which will I can help get quotes or deliver within reason for a fee). Add $1900 for ductwork.
if you've ever installed a roaster, it's a pain and expensive to do it right. The ducting includes caps, clean out and all hardware.
sorry pics sideways---I'll edit when I figure out how to fix...
http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/a...4927d1442241458-ducting-ir-2-5-van-packer.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 735
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    706.1 KB · Views: 801
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    731.1 KB · Views: 650
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 642
  • 4927d1442241458-ducting-ir-2-5-van-packer.jpg
    4927d1442241458-ducting-ir-2-5-van-packer.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

Hankua

Nov 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
I went to see the 6lb yellow Primo yesterday and brought some beans to try out as well. It's almost impossible to find any info on this particular roaster, not sure why that is. It has some unusual design elements, simplicity could have been one. The burner has a single jet heating a rectangular IR grid; this is behind a panel and removable firebox door. Gas control is manual with a high, medium, and off, internal pilot light controlled with an ignition switch. Probably have a few more in between settings on the gas dial and coast. The roasting compartment around the drum is lightly insulated and well sealed; an efficient design (uses very little gas according to Nugget)

The other unusual aspect is the air control which is manual as well. The roaster has two sections; roaster and stand with the blower and chaff collector under the stand. The cooling tray exhaust and top air tube both feed into a Y; then to outside vent. The top stainless tube is square with a slide gate to control drum air; located on the outside. The gate covers a retangular opening and adjusts how much is exposed to room air. It's works in reverse to what one would think on first glance. By opening the gate, more air flow is drawn out the drum, a vacuum effect; at least that's my guess. It's not marked, so it's one of those things you get used to adjusting by eye.

Although the the machine does have a chaff collector, you have to keep up with periodic internal compartment cleaning which requires removing a panel and interior door, or just the outer panel with a long nozzle for the vacuum.

Overall the the condition of the roaster is excellent, one long scratch on the front, clean inside including the drum. It's a tall machine 80" to the top and designed to be operated with the integral stand. Nugget usually roasts full capacity charges, but we were able to do a 3.75lb charge and I'm sure #3 would be no problem with the built in BT.

This is a well made machine, heats up fast, and simple to operate. Nugget has all his profiles worked out and I'm sure would be happy to share them with the next buyer. There's some left over crating out back, it's possible he could get it boxed up for shipping.

Primo is American made with easy to source parts locally. Here's the link to the factory info. http://www.primoroasting.com/images/primo/PDF/pri-tt-ec.pdf

I'm on the fence with this sale; it would be a great starter machine for a Cafe or pro roaster. The high end duct work clears a one story building and has all the toys. The Primo is currently in operation; when it sells a like new Diedrich IR-12 sitting on the floor will take its place. :)

Note: Hope this opinion doesn't seem like a shameless plug; I live 30 north of Nugget but met him for the first time Sunday. Beautiful cafe and nice folks; with a laid back atmosphere!

Last edited:

Nugget

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the review. Nice coffee-geeking out with you. I edited my post as it doesn't really contribute much objective info. Everyone else, please pm me any questions.

Last edited: