Any thoughts about Guatemala Beans? Recommendations?

waynetoous

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
I am new to this forum and it looks like everything posted here is extremely informative. QQ - any thought abouot Guatemala Beans in general? I've start purchasing some beans ( Guatemala Los Santos ) from one of in-house coffee roasters here in Seattle and it completely changed my view of coffee beans. What's your general thought about Guatemala origin bean? The roaster I bought beans is called wecoffeeu ( you can google it) and I should probably keep buying from there for quite while.

Experts, Any recommendations you think the best?

thanks.

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Aha (second one of the night!) I work in Guatemala as specialty green bean exporter!!!!
Best Guatemala bean is from huehuetenango region. Possibly from Cuilco sub region in huehuetenango.
Maragogepe and gesha are two of the best Guatemalan beans.
Welcome. Waynetoous

Are geisha beans worth the money and what makes them so expensive?

j_monika

Oct 15, 2019
USA
Visit site
Aha (second one of the night!) I work in Guatemala as specialty green bean exporter!!!!
Best Guatemala bean is from huehuetenango region. Possibly from Cuilco sub region in huehuetenango.
Maragogepe and gesha are two of the best Guatemalan beans.
Welcome. Waynetoous

I have a Huehuetenango as well, from Happy Mug. They don't say where in the region its from, so I'm assuming its an amalgamation from various farms. Delicious!
One of my favorites now, as I love the taste and they're quite easy to roast.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Guatemalan Huehue is my favorite as well... I tend to like most central american coffees - Guat, Nicaraguan & El Salvador are my 3 fav's... probably more than Ethiopian which most people prefer. I do drink most of my coffee in Espresso form so those coffees tend to be full-bodied and on the chocolatey side. The container just arrived with our new Huehuetenango coffee (or feature of the month)...

https://www.encorecoffeeco.com/coll.../products/guatemala-huehuetenango-finca-el-xx

Mike