BEZZERA MAGICA SINGLE FILTER LEAKING FROM BREW HEAD

assaf.aman

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have the machine for approx. one year.
I enjoy it very much.
Lately though I have this issue.
Every now and then, and only when I use the single filter (double no issues at all) I experience a small coffee leakage from the left side of the brew head.
I tried to tighten the filter, tried to clean the head seal (although as I said, it happens only with single filter), nothing helps.
Needless to say, Im using all the original accessories.

Any ideas?
Cheers
1000041748.jpg

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Could be a few things relating to single basket use... one is the dose might be a bit much and not letting things seal up as needed OR it could be the basket itself. Not all baskets will seat the same way as in the rim design can vary.

assaf.aman

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Could be a few things relating to single basket use... one is the dose might be a bit much and not letting things seal up as needed OR it could be the basket itself. Not all baskets will seat the same way as in the rim design can vary.
Thanks
with regards to the basket, as I said it's the original basket so I must suppose it should seat properly.
as for the dose, that's an excellent tip. I will try it ASAP and update

MarcBeck

Top Poster Of Month
Sep 17, 2023
Hawaii
Visit site
Have you replaced the group head gasket? I'd start with that. The double basket might just sit against the gasket a little different than the single and that's why the double doesn't leak. Also, I hate to assume....but have you looked closely at the single basket to see that there isn't a dent in the rim?

assaf.aman

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Have you replaced the group head gasket? I'd start with that. The double basket might just sit against the gasket a little different than the single and that's why the double doesn't leak. Also, I hate to assume....but have you looked closely at the single basket to see that there isn't a dent in the rim?
Hi
Thanks
I must assume its not a gasket issue as the machine is one year old...how ever I have the spare supplied with the machine so I can consider doing that.
As for dent, no dent.
as per the advise in a previous comment, I reduced the amount of coffee and it seems to solve the issue. I need to gather statistics.
I must admit that I failed to notice the obvious and that is not to exceed the marked line in the basket...

MarcBeck

Top Poster Of Month
Sep 17, 2023
Hawaii
Visit site
Do you weigh the coffee when you put it in the basket or just eyeball it? If you weigh the coffee, how many grams do you put in the basket?

assaf.aman

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
one year old gasket ? How often do you use your machine ? If gasket is hardened, you gotta replace it
I use it almost on a daily basis. Further more I rarely turn it off, which could definitely harden the gasket.
For now I stick with the coffee overflow option. I will check for a few days and update

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I use it almost on a daily basis. Further more I rarely turn it off, which could definitely harden the gasket.
For now I stick with the coffee overflow option. I will check for a few days and update
Thing is the stock rubber type gaskets just don't hold up well over time as it does see a ton of wear in the form of heat, friction, etc. Personally don't buy into leaving a machine on 24/7 or especially a claim like that of Rocket to leave the portafilter locked into the group at all times to minimize gasket wear. I strongly recommend replacing the dinky stock gaskets with a quality silicone like those made by Cafelat. Those things don't wear/degrade/harden like OEM (rubber), seal much better/smoother and cost is nearly the same.