IMAG0429.jpg

Only 3 hours!
IMAG0427.jpg

Houston, we have power ;)
IMAG0428.jpg

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
These are great informative and entertaining comments. How much of the work did you do yourself.

Probably somewhere over 100% How is this possible? Doing everything more then once ;)

Window cut out, water tank (installation), generator side compartment doors (second time), and paint job were all contracted out.

Everything else did myself with help of youtube, friends, and family

Let me know if you have any qs. Always happy to help.

astrotq

May 1, 2012
Kodiak AK
Visit site
so true

Probably somewhere over 100% How is this possible? Doing everything more then once ;)

Hahahaha! I just laughed so hard I just about cried, but it's so true. I made my husband sit with me and read through your entire thread since we are doing the same thing here pretty soon, building our own truck from the bottom up. We're planning ours to be much simpler, but I can see that it will still be a ton of work nonetheless. I don't suppose you're vacationing in Alaska anytime soon and could swing on by for a consult? :smile:

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hahahaha! I just laughed so hard I just about cried, but it's so true. I made my husband sit with me and read through your entire thread since we are doing the same thing here pretty soon, building our own truck from the bottom up. We're planning ours to be much simpler, but I can see that it will still be a ton of work nonetheless. I don't suppose you're vacationing in Alaska anytime soon and could swing on by for a consult? :smile:

That is too funny. You and some random person stopped by the truck this past week to say they have read all my posts. I hope it shed some insight on the process. My buddy is building a truck right now, not coffee, he did a great job of documenting and taking pics eatblkbox.com

Let me know if you have any questions. Always happy to explain what not to do. New one is, I wish I would have paid for stainless counters. All the spills has slowly warped $100s of dollars of plywood and laminate :(

Best of luck

ematos13

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Mahalos for the thread. im looking to do the same and was looking for some info in building my own truck and I found you... WITH PICTURES!!!!!!!!! Its awesome!!

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
This was a great resource while I was building my coffee truck. I just wanted to add some content to the website. The total cost of my truck was 16k with 4k in errors. I have post on my website that shows the different cost (electric, plumbing, supplies, exterior, floor, walls/counters, appliances, permits, marketing). If there any questions to new comers, let me know! If I can't answer it, I'll certainly try to find it!!! And good luck everyone! We need more good coffee out there :)

awapuhi

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Aloha!

Realize it's been years since your last update, but I was wondering how your business has been doing? I'm a Maui girl in Maine and currently starting the process of building out my own coffee truck, and this thread has been encouraging and informative. Also stoked you're from Hawaii - it's a nice tie to home here on the East Coast.

Specific question: did you ever run out of potable water, and do you think 70gal was more than necessary for a day out?

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
I made a video answering this very question on my youtube. But in my humble opinion, yes, 70 is good, if you are also making lattes. I personally rarely go over 25 gallons unless it's a festival, in which I bring extra water. Water is equal to weight, so check your axle weight. Also, make sure your tanks are close to your tongue, for proper weight distribution. Hope that helps!

bolelove

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Just joined and thought building a coffee truck was something I was interested of doing. I know this thread is back from 2011. How is business going? I saw stationary coffee booths like in a parking lot, have you ever heard of those?
thanx
Noah