Bunn Phase Brew

3crows

Dec 31, 2014
Wichita, Kansas
Visit site
Bought one of these for my wife, $109. First up, first brew, CLEA code :(. Sometimes it would go away only to return. Took it back and then ordered another from Wallyworld online for $89. Picked it up and so far so good. Love the coffee. This seems to be the way everything outsourced to China goes. Good design, good ideas from the companies (not just coffee) but the execution and low quality from the giant box factory in China Inc. is consistently low. Out one door spits TVs, another vacuum cleaners and out yet another various coffee pots and so on. I would pay another $50 for this item if it were USA made (or somewhere other than China). J

Last edited:

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
My suggestion would be to buy a Bunn VP17. All the commercial grade equipment is built here in the US. They have 2 places they build these units. Either in Springfield, IL or Creston, IA that I know of. A decent water filter with scale inhibitor will keep your brewer running like new for many many years service free. If it does break Bunn has service providers in all 50 states.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
My suggestion would be to buy a Bunn VP17. All the commercial grade equipment is built here in the US. They have 2 places they build these units. Either in Springfield, IL or Creston, IA that I know of. A decent water filter with scale inhibitor will keep your brewer running like new for many many years service free. If it does break Bunn has service providers in all 50 states.

I had pleasure meeting people from Bunn last year and their commercial grade coffee brewers are great and durable. Price might be more expensive but very good brewer in my opinion.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I've been using my Phase Brew for well over 1 year now without a single hiccup. I average 3 brew cycles at a time at least 3 times weekly to brew black tea. Brew temperature and flow rate is spot on every single time. Haven't even seen the need to descale yet as I use filtered/balanced water and have yet to have the CLEAN code pop up or notice slower heat times. This is one of the few home "drip" machines that can compete with the Technivorm and a few others, but does so MUCH cheaper. It may be considered a drip machine, but is really an automatic pourover. Nothing in this price range ($100 or less) can touch the Phase Brew.