Caffeine Allergy?

MayaLing

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
You should always visit a doctor if you think you have some allergy. I drink coffee all the time, and I have an allergy only to specific types. Don't know why God hates me so much...but now I can drink coffee only at home.
http://stopallergyguide.com/coffee-allergy/
Read about coffee allergy, what symptoms it has and maybe you have some solution with treatment and not avoiding coffee.

racer7

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Many years ago at the Ivy Leagu place I attended, we had a guy on our corridor who was majoring in a field famous for perpetual work hours. He consumed ridiculous amount of NoDoz to keep up.
One night my roommate and I heard a body hit the floor with an unusually loud thud just outside our door. We were used to hearing collapsing drunks but this one was so loud we went to investigate. Turns out our neighbor (as we later learned) had ODed on a full bottle of NoDoz (7.2 g of caffeine plus whatever he had earlier that day) and killed his normal heart rythym. The EMS guys saved him
I next saw him almost a dozen years later- he had gotten a Ph.D. in an unrelated field an was head of R&D for a well known big pharma company.

I'd suggest the answer is to get active and involved with something you enjoy and worry less about what you eat

sin123

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Caffeine is cosidered a nervous system stimulant, something that can keep you awake. Caffeine is found most commonly in coffee of course, but can also be found in soda pops, energy drinks, energy bars, and in some fruits, beans, and vegetables.

amirhossien

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
The coffees stimulating effects the allergic symptoms are masked. Coffee consumption increases the adrenaline found in the body. Epinephrine is used to halt allergic reaction and with the combined stimulate effect can product delusions. Some of the byproducts created by the breakdown of adrenaline by the human body can produce the same symptoms of schizophrenia.

Last edited by a moderator:

icasanova99

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
You can develop an allergy to anything at any time. I am allergic to instant coffee but ok with regular. Coffee used to put me straight to sleep, but now it works normally. It’s weird stuff. I Hope allergyauthority.net/what-are-symptoms-of-coffee-allergy will help you to know about coffee allergy. Coffee can easily be replaced with herbal tea, yerba mate for some extra energy, and fresh prepared juice, fresh opened coconut (water).

Last edited by a moderator:

Curemycaffeinism

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I only just read the first few posts of this thread, but if anyone has seen my "why does coffee make me so tired thread" and wants to respond, now I am thinking perhaps I have a caffeine allergy, or at least that I obviously have a VERY bad reaction to it.

I don't have anything like schizophrenia like the OP, but I do have obsessive compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and depression, and I think coffee makes all of them much worse.

I never considered that it might be an "allergy' as such, but whatever we call it it's just plain bad FOR ME personally with my mental makeup, and I am in many ways similar to the poster of this thread because I also have some mental health issues and tend to have an addictive personality.

Is the OP of this thread on this forum anymore?

I'm going to start trying HARD again to get down on caffeine tomorrow cause it's really messing me up.

Caffeineaddict: if you are around, did you ever get over your caffeine problem and if not, how did you get over it??

Last edited:

seoking

Mar 23, 2019
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, my fiancé cannot drink coffee without experiencing head aches, stomach aches, and diarrhea within about 10 minutes. I thought we should do an experiment to find out exactly what it is that causes these symptoms, however, neither of us want her to suffer if she doesn't have to. She doesn't experience any side effects after drinking soda or caffeinated tea. She has not tried decaf coffee. Does anyone know someone else with similar problems?[/FONT]