Chocolate Sauce: Starbucks vs Torani?

hgycta

Nov 20, 2013
Maryland
Visit site
Hi, I have recently began purchasing syrups and sauces for my coffee, and was wondering if anyone here has tried both Starbucks' and Torani's chocolate sauces?
I am very new to sauces I must admit, and I've been really wanting to make the best possible Salted Caramel Mocha, or any mocha really, that resembles the taste of Starbucks' as close as possible. I love that strong, dark chocolate taste you can get there.
I have already purchased Starbucks' Mocha Powder off their website since it got such good reviews, and although I like it, I don't know, it's just not rich enough for me. I like extremely dark chocolate, if you haven't noticed.
Has anyone here tried Starbucks' Bittersweet Mocha Sauce (or even their semi sweet one), or Torani's Dark Chocolate Sauce? What are your opinions on them, if so? I am tempted to purchase the Starbucks' Fontana Bittersweet Mocha Sauce because, well, BITTERSWEET (hallelujah), but they only sell a 63-oz container of it for close to $20, which is a bit intimidating I must admit. Ugh, why can't they sell smaller bottles?
If you have tried and like any other bittersweet mocha sauces more, please do share!
Also, can you use any chocolate sauce to make a mocha? Or does it need to specify "mocha" sauce?
I'm sorry, I'm just so painfully new here.
Thank you so much for your time and help, I really appreciate all the feedback I can get! C'mon, I'm counting on you guys! :)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "hgycta"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

Besides trying the chocolate sauces that have been recommended so far today, have you thought of visiting your local Starbucks and asking them which sauce they use on their Salted Caramel Mochas? Some helpful person may be willing to go in the back and read the label for you. It's worth a try.

Ghiradelli is a great place to start, especially if you're trying to venture away from Starbucks brand of chocolate.

Who knows...you may discover something new that you really like.

Rose

lovethatcoffee

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I must say that I 3rd the vote for the ghiradelli. My wife only drinks the mocha coffees and she is very partial to the powder. We have not tried the syrups.