Cold Foam

Shyla

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Ok so Starbux is now offering cold foam for their iced beverages. They put low a fat milk in a blender with cascara for sweetness. I just don't get it. Seems like a lot of work to sweeten foamed milk. Do you think they will gain traction with this? We use coffee iced cubes in our iced coffee. Customers swear by it. It is such a pain though...you can't freeze coffee in an ice maker. It has to be done by hand. Then again, thinking of the labor that is involved in the iced coffee "Cubsta's" maybe they will make a go of it.

Creamy foam is usually only an option for hot coffee drinks like lattes and cappuccinos, but Starbucks has just launched "cold foam" for iced drinks. Since foam is steamed milk and therefore inherently hot, you're probably wondering what exactly cold foam is. It's pretty interesting — Starbucks baristas use a unique mixer to combination nonfat milk until it's thick and smooth. It gives a a little bit sweet flavor and a creamy texture (without cream), and it floats at the top of the cup in an eye-catching way

Daniel96

Feb 14, 2019
Sydney
Visit site
I think the idea is cool, but as mentioned above, the technical part is very complicated. I think there will be a demand for it, and with this question, we probably need to contact the engineers to automate the process. I would like to see what happens!