Conveying coffee beans

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I spent a month or so trying to get opinions on vacuum conveying verses systems such as Cablevey's systems. Everyone told me vacuum conveyors will be ok for green but will ruin roasted. I spent a day at Piab in Hingham MA trying out there vacuum loaders with roasted coffee beans. We used their IC3302 and their C3302 conveyor. Multiple weights and lengths and not one damaged roasted bean.
With that I purchased the IC3302 for the new roaster ( hopefully to arrive by summers end) and I picked up 2 C3302 series, one to be used for loading a Taylor weigh scale. I refurbished one unit and need to start to figure out which way to build the support stand over the scale. The stand has to be at least 10' which will be a challenge to attach the loader because it weighs 125lbs.
So just for a new topic and opinions I thought I would start with loading a pic of the loader and some more as I assemble the other units and stands.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
It is nice having a loader...I can't believe we used to load our key pak by hand :shock: I will find out how much ours weighs..no support as you can see in the pics. We have had it set up for at least 2 years with no problem..keep us updated :wink:
bocajava.com

bocajava.com

bocajava.com

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Thanks Topher,
Sure will be posting pics as I move forward.
Not sure if it is just my computer but your pics did not make it!

Charlie

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Here is a pic of the other PIAB conveyor I purchased. It was a demo and I was offered an excellent price. The model is IC3302. It is a lot lighter than the other one. Not sure if this will go on the weigh scale or the new roaster. When dealing with PIAB in Hingham, MA you receive excellent customer service!!
It is sitting on a hopper manufactured by Pneu-Con in CA.