could you please help me with my Breville Dual Boiler?

abeuril

for context: i have a breville dual boiler (im not sure what model it is). it was given to me by a friend of my mom so im really really new to this. i’ve been steadily learning for a couple of months now.

today when i turned my machine on, the temperature wont stop rising. my normal brew temperature is set to be 95°c (203 F) but it continued rising up to 104°c (220 F). i got scared so i turned it off. i was also hearing hissing coming from inside the machine so im really tempted to pop the top off but im scared i would mess something up.

if anyone could help me that would be really appreciated D: i literally just made this account bc i dont know what to do haha

TLDR; Breville dual boiler temp wont stop rising and hissing noises coming from inside the machine.

Last edited:

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
FWIW the BDB is quite notorious for internal leaks, often caused by o-rings. Often issues are brought on by descaling as it tends to affect internal sensor(s) and seems to snowball from there. Of course Breville will offer a fix of $350-400 in which they basically go through the machine or send you a refurb in place of yours, but you might be able to get things in order yourself. Never had one myself, but have read of this sort of thing happening often.