Greetings from Belgium: The land with just 9 Starbucks (Against them and Proud)

CoffeeHiker

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Greetings from Belgium: The land with just 9 Starbucks...

Hi Everybody,

I am living in Belgium 23 years old and recently refound the love for coffee(machines).
My dad always drank coffe (and still does). I never liked the bitter taste of cheap store coffee.

I started drinking coffee occasionaly when I was 12. It never really went any further than sometimes a bit of coffee with lots of milk and sugar.
Years and years went past and I rented a appartment in the centre of antwerp.
I bought myself a Sowden Softbrew (for when people whould come to visit). My father gave me his old Braun Grinder.

Than one day I wanted to drink just 1 cup of coffee. So I went to my local coffeebar/shop and walked 5 minutes out with a Aeropress. It was the beginning of a small coffee adventure. Very impressed I used regularly it for like 3 months.
We fast foward to last weekend: I saw a very nice and cheap Hellem Vacuum Brewer and I fell in love. I bought this one and invited some friends over for a nice cup of coffee. I started to look in to different coffee brewers. A whole new world opened up for me: now I have my eye on a (second hand from my neighbour) Royal Coffee Maker.
I Mostly drink coffee from a small coffeebar. They have a different roast every week. For the moment I use a Costa Rica Candelilla honey precessed.

All I know is that I just started to walk down a marvelous road and I believe the end is not so near...

That is all,

Coffeehiker (or call me Andrew)

PS: Sorry if there are any language mistakes. English is not even my second language.

Last edited by a moderator:

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
Welcome Andrew! it looks as though coffee has lured you in! Great story, and your typing skills and choice of words are great. btw, we are not here to judge peoples writing, we are here to share our experience with coffee:)