Hello from Georgia

matthewmichael

Feb 24, 2010
Macon, GA
Visit site
Hope everyone is doing well! I'm looking forward to surfing around the forum and getting to know some folks. Here is a little bit about myself: I'm Matthew from Macon, Georgia, I am 29, I have been married since 2004, we have a son (Garner Jackson) born in Sept. '08 and our second child is due Aug. '10!

I've been drinking coffee since I was 13; my mom would allow me to have a cup w/ her on the weekends, still one of my best memories with her. I really got into coffee around 4 years ago when I started enjoying the different regions and made the plunge to black coffee. I don't know that I've gone more than a 2 days in a row w/o coffee in the last 15 years. I love finding coffee w/ a good combination of med/full body but still smooth and not very acidic or too bitter.

My next coffee goal in life is to try out roasting; I've talked to lots of folks that started w/ a popcorn maker and it's very intriguing; I hope to learn more about that here.

Thanks everyone, very glad to be here!

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
Hi Matthew,
I have been home roasting for awhile. It is a lot of fun. I have a popcorn popper but the best way and not that expensive is to get the Fresh Roast machine, it is easier than the popcorn popper.