Help Please: Sylvia / Rocky - 1st cup of the day basically undrinkable.

Harry_Will1

Apr 20, 2020
One of my friends sent me this today

" I'm curious. I've had my Sylvia / Rocky set up for going on 8 years now., and every morning the first couple of shots I pull are basically undrinkable. I make myself a cappuccino to start out the day, and I end up having to make two or three of them just to get something decent. Has anyone else had the same sort of experience? I just had my Rocky serviced and cleaned"

What did you think of that?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
When complaints are made regarding the first/second use, then all is good it could be an issue with the machine not having enough heat time from a cold start as well as stale coffee in the grinder from the last use. 1-2 drinks helps to bring things up to par and all is good afterward.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
When complaints are made regarding the first/second use, then all is good it could be an issue with the machine not having enough heat time from a cold start as well as stale coffee in the grinder from the last use. 1-2 drinks helps to bring things up to par and all is good afterward.

Shadow... I know you are/were rockin a Silvia... do you not have to temp surf? I PID'd mine otherwise I had inconsistent shots... especially like you said when not fully warmed up. Seems like I would warm up my Silvia 30 minutes at least...