Help with finding the right cup and saucer set...

latteman

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello all,

I am a new home espresso machine owner (lifetime coffee lover), and have been looking for a particular style of cup for caps and lattes:

A plain white cup, shorter, with a wide rim (like the cups used in latte competitions), but 12 oz instead of 14 oz, and with a rounded handle.

The only cups I am finding that match this description are available in bulk only (such as the Oneida Rego 12-oz. cappuccino cup), and I obviously do not need 3 dozen of these, nor am I enthusiastic about spending over $100 for cups, when do not need any more than six cups and saucers.

My best bet seems to be to find someone who owns a coffee house, and would be willing to sell a few cups and saucers from their supply... if anyone is willing or able, please let me know. I have otherwise had no luck with the online companies who sell them by the case, as none will break a case.

... I would also love to hear if anyone has a lead on any on any stores that I have missed that carry cups such as this.

BTW, I have seen the 14-oz. competition cups, but something about that non-round handle with that comes curves up at the top really turns me off...

latteman

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
Here is a corrected post; I am usually a stickler with grammar and syntax, but it's been a very long day (with not near enough caffeine...)

I am a new home espresso machine owner (lifetime coffee lover), and have been looking for a particular style of cup for caps and lattes:

A plain white cup; shorter, with a wide rim (like the cups used in latte competitions), but 12 oz instead of 14 oz, and with a rounded handle.

The only cups I am finding that match this description are available in bulk only (such as the Oneida Rego 12-oz. cappuccino cup), and I obviously do not need 3 dozen of these, nor am I enthusiastic about spending over $100 for cups, when I do not need more than six cups and saucers.

My best bet seems to be to find someone who owns a coffee house, and would be willing to sell a few cups and saucers from their supply... if anyone fits this description, please let me know; I have otherwise had no luck with the online companies who sell them in bulk, as none will break a case.

... I would also love to hear if anyone has a lead on any stores that I have missed that carry cups such as this.

BTW, I have seen the 14-oz. competition cups, but something about that non-round handle that curves up at the top really turns me off...

There it is; a pretty silly start for a first post, but it will get better...

latteman

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
The Bed Bath and Beyond link did not reveal quite the shape I had in mind; but I recently ordered four Nikko Metro White 13-oz. cappuccino cups (with saucers), and it looks like they will work very well.