Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Here is something that rocks!! I Take Turkish ground coffee and bake them into brownies....the coffee is as fine as baby power(except darker in color and tastes great!!)

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Dunkin' Donuts Coffee- Straight?

I'm moving today (or rather, my stuff's being moved for me, thank deus!), and for the moving guys I picked up a "Box o' Joe." I specified regular plain type coffee, but I did try some, and damned if it doesn't taste flavored! Is this typical of DD's regular coffee, or did the "hostess" botch the job? (Not that anyone complained!)

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Not sure but sometimes people forget to use a different brew basket and taints the regular...personallyl I would flip out if I ordered coffee and got flavored!! To top it off....box o coffee is not inexpensive..I sell mine at $12 per pot....not really that bad seeing that it is 96 oz of pure xtc!!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Box o' Whatever

Yeah, your pot sounds like a far better deal, but DD's was a hell of a lot closer at the moment! Like I said, no one complained, and it really wasn't bad coffee, just not straight, but the flavor really wasn't offensive or overpowering like so many.

javakay

Oct 23, 2003
Pine Hall, N.C.
Visit site
How do you drink your coffee/

Oh please no BLACK COFFEE? I drink drip coffee black with nothing in it. If it smells bitter it doesn't even make it to the lips. Sometimes I will put some cream or a flavored cream in it. NEVER, NEVER sweetner.

Espresso drinks I prefer Mocha's, Latte's or Americano, of course these have milk but no sugar.
[/code][/i]

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Javakay...I personally do not drink milk or sweetner in my coffee...I think milk is a very nasty thing....humans are the only creature that is not weaned from milk....and from another species to boot. anyway..you said you do not take sweetner in your coffee...ummm...mochas have sweetner. Chocolate=Sugar

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
Straight up, black coffee is always the way to go.

I do experiment though, and have found fondness for Vietnamese coffee. I did a realy werid thing and added bacchus to my coffee at work ... boy howdy ... ahh man, do that and you will think you may have tooken some illegals. hehe don't try this kids!

nzroaster

Jul 28, 2004
Qld, Australia
Visit site
The only coffee I will add anything to (other than milk-occasionally) is BAD coffee, this is to hide the taste.

A good coffee blend should have everything you need in the blend.

And if you like sweet or chocolate coffees, boy do I have a blend for you!

earthworm

Aug 13, 2004
York Haven
Visit site
What do you put in your coffee?

A little sugar and non-dairy dry "creamer".
Sometimes I'll spurge and use 1/2 and 1/2 or one of the blends (buts these can be icky, however rich.

I am diabetic, but still use some sugar - I have tried the "Artificial Sweeteners" .. They are horrible with a lingering unpleasant after-taste.
Never again !

tgriff

Aug 23, 2004
Chicago, IL
Visit site
How do I drink my coffee? Wow, what a question. Naturally, that depends on many factors: mood, time of day, origin of beans, and temperature/season are probably the most important.

In general, on a temperate weekday I favor an espresso in the morning, preferably an Antigua Guatemala/Mex. Pluma blend with just a touch of Jamaican robusta for a jolt; I almost always brew this myself using an antique lever machine, although I've been known to trust myself to certain baristas when on vacation. I tend to avoid coffee during the afternoon, preferring tea, but almost always have a cup of straight black drip-brewed coffee after dinner. The roast and bean depends on the meal, really, but it really must be black.

On weekends, I tend to prefer either drip-brewed dark roasts with just a touch of milk to add to complexity, or a moka-press brewed cappuccino slightly darker than usual.

When it's hot out, I like a lighter roast (Kona blends are very nice, Sumatra if I'm in the mood) in the afternoon, generally drip, with a few spoons of sugar and enough whole milk to bring the temperature of the coffee down so that it's refreshing. Tea really helps in the morning and evening, otherwise the caffeine makes me sweat like some sort of football player.

Cold climate calls for nothing but Greek/Turkish coffee and espresso in my opinion. A good light/medium roast with a touch of robusta brewed Turkish really warms a person up in the morning. Black, no sugar. Espresso in the afternoon, maybe?

And I roast/grind/brew almost all of my coffees.

Latest posts