Looking for completely non-dairy creamer

bauhsoj

Dec 22, 2004
US
Visit site
I am looking for a completely non-dairy creamer. Preferably one that tastes decent, if a truly non-dairy creamer even exists.

Every creamer I have come across that claims to be non-dairy has sodium caseinate in it which is a milk-derivative. I have an allergic reaction to all forms of dairy, even sodium caseinate.

I like soy milk but it makes my coffee taste abhorrent. I really want something which is 'creamy' and complements coffee well, unlike plain soy milk.

I can have a small cup of coffee only once every couple of weeks but I absolutely love it. I have tried drinking it black but I can't get used to it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks! :(

G

I've settled into complacency; drinking my coffee with plain ol' soy milk...
Insofar as things I've failed to try;
Silk Soy makes a creamer... it's supposedly more rich and less...soyish than their basic soymilk.
Almond milk, could possibly offer a pleasant flavor.

I guess that's all I can think of...

If you get a chance, you could scour a health food store for vegan 'creamers', as those will always be devoid of all dairy byproducts.

bauhsoj

Dec 22, 2004
US
Visit site
I found some Silk French Vanilla Coffee Creamer at a local grocery store. I considered also getting some almond milk because it is supposed to be richer and creamer, but passed it up.

The Silk creamer tasted absolutely horrible at first. Got myself used to it by adding some french vanilla CoffeeMate to my coffee at the same time. Reduced the CoffeeMate content little by little over a week and half until now I like the coffee with just the Silk creamer. At least, I hope that is why I like it now. Otherwise that means Silk creamer gets better tasting the closer it is to expiring. :roll:

On the plus side I discovered Silk Nog, which is a whole lot better than regular egg nog in my opinion.

frozenx-plosion

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Try Mocha mix it's non dairy!

bauhsoj said:
I am looking for a completely non-dairy creamer. Preferably one that tastes decent, if a truly non-dairy creamer even exists.

Every creamer I have come across that claims to be non-dairy has sodium caseinate in it which is a milk-derivative. I have an allergic reaction to all forms of dairy, even sodium caseinate.

I like soy milk but it makes my coffee taste abhorrent. I really want something which is 'creamy' and complements coffee well, unlike plain soy milk.

I can have a small cup of coffee only once every couple of weeks but I absolutely love it. I have tried drinking it black but I can't get used to it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks! :(