Makers tout caffeine's skin, health-care benefits

tracy6413

Aug 16, 2011
LA
Visit site
Caffeine invigorates us when we're dragging. But can it reduce eye puffiness, smooth facial wrinkles, lengthen eyelashes or reduce cellulite?
According to beauty product manufacturers, it can.
Caffeine emerged last year as the latest "magic ingredient" in topical skin care. Skin-care giants like Estee Lauder, Clinique and Garnier all have caffeinated products. From skin creams and powders to mascara and eye massages, cosmetics are brimming over with claims about the wondrous properties of caffeine they contain.

The true test is just trying the product to see if it works for you, Kingsley suggested. She advised to do your own research about the firm and product and ask a dermatologist.
It's a good idea, too, she said, to test a product in a small area, such as the inside of the forearm, for safety purposes.
Cosmetics makers don't have to submit data about injuries caused by their products. The Food and Drug Administration doesn't issue product recalls, although it can request them.
Consumers need to be cautious, Kingsley said, because cosmetics aren't subject to pre-market approval. "That's why lots of claims are made. You can't always believe what you read."

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Never heard of this before...but whether it's true or not, all things in moderation. I can see people downing large amounts of caffeine thinking it will help their skin, not realizing they're damaging themselves in a different way.

Chris

Grazie

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The skincare industry is currently undergoing a multitude of tests using topical caffeine as a means of eliminating the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and creating a rejuvenated, youthful complexion.

Last edited:

rayeda

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Never heard of this before...but whether it's true or not, all things in moderation. I can see people downing large amounts of caffeine thinking it will help their skin, not realizing they're damaging themselves in a different way.

Chris

I agree, just like wine, I'm sure caffeine in moderation is perfectly fine.

Owerkahn

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Coffee had a lot of benefits towards a body.The first is the health benefits is that it is good for the skin.It boost the energy and helps to alert the mind in your body.

coffeelub

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow it helps with he circles under your eyes? Is this for when you drink it or just put it on them because the bags under my eyes could carry groceries... IJS

araprado613

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
What I HAVE done before is I used ground coffee, ones that have already been used, as an exfoliator when I took a bath. You have to gently massage it onto your skin and it leaves your skin feeling smooth! It's so effective it's ridiculous. Maybe just use it twice a week though and again, GENTLY massage it. My fiancee forgot that part AND used a loofah, so he ended up with raw, red skin.

Also, just to add to the list of skincare brands/products that use coffee, there this CoffeeBerry foundation from Priori that I bought online and it's fantastic. I don't use it as often as I should (because I have an array of foundation) but it's definitely a good option when I want a healthy coverage.

KKDivan

Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Indeed it is very important to take care of our health care and this is just one of the good options we have. In general, I always strive to find foods that are good for my body and keep my skin as young and as shiny as possible.
Anyway, with age, even if I take care of my body, there are some things that can't be controlled.
That's why I decided to resort to some plastic surgeries and I will do it at facelift in lynnwood kirkland bellevuehttps://www.cosmeticsurgeryforyou.com/procedures/facelift-in-lynnwood-kirkland-bellevue because some friends there did and were satisfied. I hope everything goes smoothly and goes well.

Last edited: