menu ideas please

alivy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, i am new to the forum. I have read alot of past posts which have answered a lot of my questions, thank you. I am in the process of writing my business plan now and wanted to ask for some opinions on menu items.
I will start off by saying my location is in the rural south near a small university and i will be the first cafe in town (aside from a Java City that just opened in the university library, i don't really count that, but is has been very successful so far). I will be just around the corner from a bakery that is extremely successful however their coffee is crap and they are only open weekdays untill 2 o'clock. So the problem is: i don't want to serve the traditional muffins and cakes because the bakery does that really well already, so far my idea for afternoon and evening snacks are 'nostalgic treats' (i.e. rice crispies, ice cream sandwiches, rootbeer floats, boiled peanuts [this is Alabama], quality beef jerky, etc..) keep in mind too that i will have a small selection of beer and wine to pair with this as well. But, for the morning, i want something people can take with them to go with their coffee, it is a small downtown with several law offices a post office and pharmacy among other things that i would like to serve many of these employees and professionals coffee several days a week, what should i offer for breakfast? The bakery does not have bagels, but i am worried about quality if i don't make them myself, donuts are 'nostlagic' but again, i don't think i can afford to make them myself.
i am eager to hear any suggestions. Thank you

saliviyajonathan1

Sep 22, 2011
USA
Visit site
Hi alivy,
Your idea is very good and you will got succeed in your plans. As you told that you are facing some problems in starting your business so just chill and take help of your friends and family members.