My Current Project

SKesler

Aug 16, 2016
Illinois
Visit site
Hello All

So I wanted some input on my current project. I, like most of you, love coffee. It's an amazing beverage that speaks to people on so many levels. Now, at heart, I'm a technology major and adept at all things web design, computer construction and the like. So when I look to start a new project I love to meld what I love. And this time around it was Coffee and The Internet.

To that effect, I wanted opinions from those who if they were to try to find a resource online that gave them suggestions as to what coffee to try next or what coffees exist out there that they may love and have not heard of yet, what would you expect?

As of right now I have researched and put together This website. Its primary mission is to research and discover those coffees that are highly rated by the community and to list them as to allow others to discover them. It's kind of like a highway marker allowing those traveling the diverse coffee turnpike to find new coffees they may have never heard of.

I have also incorporated a small (but growing) blog portion of the website that covers a lot of coffee basics.

At days end, I am trying to complete a totally free resource available to anyone who is seeking reliable advice as to what coffee to try next and solid advice when it comes to the world of brewing and all things Coffee.

Any and all feedback is more than appreciated!

Thank You!

SKesler

Aug 16, 2016
Illinois
Visit site
Also, as a Post Script here,

I wanted to allow the opportunity for any and all vendors or individuals "In the Know" to approach with any sort of promotional material they may like. I don't mean in a $ exchange fashion, I am always looking for genuine and reliable content for the site (As to allow it to grow as legitimately as possible) -- So to that end, if anyone is interested in offering any sort of content to the website I would be VERY happy to accept said content and display it on the site!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
thanks for the effort. here is my comments.

your BUY NOW is all connected to Amazon.com. which means, as a buyer (like me), it is much convenient and I can get a lot more detailed information and feedback directly from Amazon website. I can even put "Best selling Coffee" and get results directly from Amazon.
so, honestly to say, I do not see a lot of benefits of going thru your website to get to Amazon when Amazon itself has better, more complete, reviews..etc info than what you provide.

thanks

SKesler

Aug 16, 2016
Illinois
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback!

Your First Concern: Links to Amazon - This is an example of actionable content. Yes, you are right in that people can just go directly to Amazon or whatever online retailer and just look up the information themselves. But the simple fact is they don't. There are currently an estimated 10-100 Million MONTHLY Google searches when it comes to coffee. People looking for new coffees, information on various topics: coffee, reviews, news, deals ect ect ect. My site (which is currently in it's infancy) is becoming a resource for these individual searching on google for actionable information. (Actionable by means that after they discover the content they are provided with a portal to learn more or purchase said content). The value lies with those looking, not with those like you Ensoluna who are already in the know and have industry experience.

Your Second Concern: Mankind can never seem to agree with itself. We constantly argue what's good, bad, superior, inferior ect ect. And looking through the eyes of someone like yourself I can understand completely that anything "common" and mass produced sold through a mega-retailer such as Amazon would be of inferior quality to anything produced in small-batch or local ect. However, as I mentioned the coffees displayed on the site Currently are all vetted by the community. They have all scored extremely high with consumers who are of similar caliber and status to those who are looking for these coffees on Google.

Addressing your 2nd Concern: Now, I understand that there is always something better out there. And those relationships are something I am actively trying to establish. My website's entire mission is to provide valuable and trustworthy resources to those who are looking for said resources. So, with all that said, I want find or be directed to and forge relationships with local roasters, and farms and whatever have you to provide details and information to my website's audience. I would be a fool to suggest that the only actionable resource out there is Amazon, that's lunacy (No pun intended!)

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback! So, with all that said, I want find or be directed to and forge relationships with local roasters, and farms and whatever have you to provide details and information to my website's audience. I would be a fool to suggest that the only actionable resource out there is Amazon, that's lunacy (No pun intended!)

if you are looking to add something really good and fresh, you should contact 3 good roasters in this forum.
Even though I am in coffee business, I am only in green coffee export business. So when I am in Los Angeles, normally I order my fresh roasted beans (for my family use only) from 3 good forum roaster members. : jumpinjakjava, peterjschmidt and musicphan.

I am not advertising their coffee because we are all good friends (yes, we are, but I have never met them personally. talked to them quite often though over phone, except mike at musicphan). And I always pay for my coffee, so I can be objective.

their coffee is always fresh and great. Delivery is excellent. Reasonably good pricing.

If you ask me, these coffees are 1000% better in flavor, freshness and pricing than any other coffees in Amazon.
so, if you are serious about adding more coffee in your web, you might want to contact them.