Need a machine to make 32 oz of decent coffee with minimal effort

zimm

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm a laaaazy coffee brewer. I need to be able to make 32 oz (2, 16oz travel mugs) worth of good coffee-to-go in the morning while juggling the morning routine with the kids. Hopefully something I can set up the night before.

Currently I'm using a small commercial-grade Keureg (B160?) machine, double dosing each k-cup to get 16 oz. I have to hold the travel mug as they are too tall. The coffee is passable, but not "good". I'd rather keep that machine for backup when I just need a cup and that's it.

I also have a Cuisinart 12 cup drip machine. By the time I set it all up, grind the beans, clean the grinder, etc, I find that it's too much work and I don't use it.

I once had an automatic grind and brew machine (forget the name) that you keep the hopper filled and it would make a pot. I remember having to clean it a lot and it finally broke.

Ideas?

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If you are that lazy, just quit double dosing each k-cup and make 32 oz from 4 k-cups instead of two. (Sounds like you are both lazy and cheap.)

zimm

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I think using a nice burr grinder will help me use the cuisinart a little more. If I get one with the bean hopper and run it, that's a lot easier than pulling out the whirly blade one, and cleaning it out and putting it away each time. Maybe that's the key to an easier setup. Then I can set the timer and boom, better coffee.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I actually saw a machine with grinders built in.
You just need to add water and push button to grind the beans and brew at all in one.

I can't remember the brand but I think that would work for you.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Zimm says he's "a laaaazy coffee brewer" and he wants to make coffee with minimal effort. Based on what he described, I can't picture him grinding beans and using a French Press. There's too much cleanup involved.

I'm thinking that a plain ole Mr. Coffee machine is all he needs in the morning. Some people grind the beans the night before and keep them in an air tight container for the morning. Of course, there's always Folgers in the can too.

Rose

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I've been using a press for a few months now and still don't see any reason to whine about cleaning one. Let it cool a bit, dump the grounds in the trash (or compost) and wash/rinse. No different than typical cleaning an auto drip machine requires. For those that don't like to clean and/or maintain never bother with espresso as it's much more involved than pretty much any other caffeine delivery system... but worth the time/effort to me.

evabuick

Dec 22, 2013
Shenzhen China
Visit site
we are the coffee mashine company from CHINA, you can send me the email ,which you want the specific function,size ,color,
any what you require for the coffee machine,we can give you the prefessional suggestion and the best product.

Seb

Mar 18, 2014
Quebec/Canada
Visit site
There is a new Keurig 2.0 that can make a carafe of coffee from a single larger K-cup. That could be the easiest way for you. But if you want something that taste better a large Espro press with a good burr grinder would be much better but of course require a little more work!

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I actually saw a machine with grinders built in.
You just need to add water and push button to grind the beans and brew at all in one.

I can't remember the brand but I think that would work for you.
I've seen those to, somewhere, but I live in a small condo and the last thing I need is for the damn coffee grinder to wake me up in the morning.
I'll just wait till I get up and grind some coffee properly and use my French Press to make some coffee worth drinking.