Need help diagnosing Cimbali Bistro (1993)

F9zSlavik

Feb 9, 2024
San Diego
Visit site
Video pretty much explains it all. I turn on the machine, 2 coils get power on (they shouldnt be turning on), instantly opening up 2 valves. 1 reservoir over fills along with the boiler. Weirdly enough, the other reservoir does not overfill )valve doesnt open). Goal, need to make it stop and have it function like normal. It wasn't doing this before and started happening right out of the blue. I've fixed a bunch of other issues, this is the only issue that's left. Any help would be appreciated

F9zSlavik

Feb 9, 2024
San Diego
Visit site
I made a new video. As far as I can tell, ground appears to be doing what its suppose to as shown int he video. The 2 reservoirs in the back, left side, I emptied them out and I grounded the main electrode, relay stays open and the coil is off. It thinks there is water in them. If I remove ground on the left side, relay closes, coil turns on, and you hear the loud click indicating that the valve opened. If I ground it back up, relay opens, coil turns off, valve closes. That works perfectly as seen in the video. If I do the same for the right side, I see the relay close (as seen in the video), now this should power on the right reservoir coil and you should hear a click indicating the valve opened. But you don't. Why? Because its already opened, its already receiving power the minute the machine turns on. Same situation for the boiler, there are 2 terminals, not sure what the 2nd one does but if I ground it, I see movements in the relay on the motherboard like normal, but there is no CLICK because the coil is always receiving power and as a result, the valve is opened causing the boiler to flood. Please correct me if I am in the wrong, but I dont think its a grounding issue since ground appears to open and close relays on the motherboard. What else could I check? Just seems there is continuous power flow when there shouldn't be.

Please advise

Latest posts