New coffee roasting business - seeking farmers market advice

almico

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I got an email tickler that someone recently posted to this thread, so I figure it would be a good time for an update.

Much has happened in the past two years. I've been working the day job M-F and doing 2 markets on Saturday and Sundays. I found winter markets that allowed me to keep that schedule year round. I guess hard work does pay off because I've been offered the coffee vendor position at a new indoor food market opening soon in New Hope PA. It will be a full time gig and the day job is going bye-bye.

I'll be offering Fetco pre-brew for the morning hurry crowd, fresh pour overs like at the farmers markets and I found a beautiful pre-owned Victoria Arduino Athena Leva 3gr for espresso. I also picked up a Compak R120, F8 and E5. I'm fairly certain I will be the only coffee bar for 100s of miles that will be offering R120 shots pulled on a hammered-copper commercial lever machine!

The market will be open 6 days a week from 7-7 and vendors need to commit to at least 8 hours per day. The market is paying for the booth build out and I am supplying the equipment.

I'm still not sure how this will all shake out, but it's pretty exciting.

Last edited: