New Line of Coffee Roasters to be imported into U.S.

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been working closely with one of only 3 manufacturers of coffee roasters out of China that produce some of the best roasters to ever come out of that country. Unlike many of their competitors they realized early in the manufacturing process that, while the Chinese can work hard and make good steel components, they need quality parts from other countries to produce the best roasters. So they import their stainless steel from Japan, their heating elements from Korea, Temperature & timing units from Yangming in Taiwan and motors from ABB, Omron & Siemens.

While many well established names in the roaster world charge extra for things such as Stainless steel hoppers, cooling trays & LED Lights, these all come standard on their models. Also there are many custom options such as color changes & private logo. The company has given me the OK to start distributing their roasters in the U.S. & handling their warranty & servicing as well.

If you are interested in looking into these models you can reach me at [email protected] or 520.812.5044 or private message me. The special pricing for some of their smaller models are $4999 for a 1.5Kg. (3.3 lb.) unit. $8999 for a 3.5kg. (7.7 lb.) unit. Shipping from my Arizona location varies by unit and distance but averages $300 for the small unit. (Prices will change in 2015 to $5599 & $9599 for the 2015 models)

I can send full details and PDF's about units.

Thanks for looking! And happy Roasting!:lol: DONGYI 1 KG.jpg

I know some folks think anything made in China is poor quality. And while there have been and still are junk companies in China (check out Walmart for examples) there are many good products coming out of China (I/E:iPhone) ... So goes the saying:
"It's not the country but rather the company" that makes a product good. Email me for details about the company behind these quality roasters.

Last edited:

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Lot of great items can be manufactured in China if the process is controlled by an outside entity such as Apple. The factory must comply with their rigorous specs and QC. Check out the mills and lathes are are made in China, all said to be great for the money but everyone has a machining flaw of some kind. If the company was from Taiwan or even Korea I would like to check them out. I assume they do not have a UL or CE stamp? For almost 6K I would opt for something made here from US Roaster Corp or San Fran. Good Luck on your new venture. Will these be at any shows?
JMO

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks JMO;
Right now they show them at a number of trade shows in other countries but we have yet to work out a deal for a trade show in US. My hopes is that can be done by the middle of next year. They have invited me to the factory & if I can schedule a trip I can photograph there. They have been selling these in many countries including Europe, as you can see there website is set up for many countries,( Germany,UK,Spain,Swede,India,Singapore,Australia,South Korea ,Japan ,France ,Argentina ,Italy ,Chile ,Iran...

But, as you can see, getting established in the states has been a real challenge so far due in part to misconceptions and the high rates imposed on imported machines from China. But they are a great team to work with & quickly & humbly honor & except changes & recommendations for improving their products or designing them for the customer.

You brought up a great question about the UL or CE stamp. Their US WEBSITE says: Certification: Products tested by CE & RoHS; FCC, SGS
also they have obtained ISO9001: 2000 certification. ( In regard to the UL CERTIFICATE HERE ISTHE RESPONSE I GOT FROM THE MFG. In China:

"UL is very hard to get here, not our company, all of coffee roaster companines in China don't have it, on the other hand, it is very expensive to get it here, it's around USD$14,000.00.it takes very long. In China, very few compaies can make it."

It is my understanding from research that the cost is per model. Even here in the US it can cost as much as $50,000 to get UL approved... (Maybe we are in the wrong business) I can understand why China can't afford that cost (neither can I)

But all the other certification listed above can be provided upon request.
Thanks for all your insight & help!

Last edited:

Hankua

Nov 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Nice job!

Of course this line of machines will be compared to Mill City's TJ-067 who's place of manufacture is not public knowledge. So far these Chinese machines have had a good reception, but really no comparison to the roasters built in Taiwan; which are more expensive.

The smaller machines need to be equipped with 110v electrical and matching US three prong grounded plugs. Using a Chinese market machine/electrical plug with 220v-110v converter is questionable. 110v gear motors and blowers are easily purchased from Taiwan. Maybe this is a cost savings factor difficult to change?

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
They actually offer the small shop units in 110 but I chose 220 for my demo electric ( the gas may not need 220 as it's just for blowers & drum)
but why do you recommend 110? Is it simply to make it easier to install in a small coffee shop? This would save the owner a couple hundred in not needing to install a 220 outlet. But personally I like having the full power of 220. I think with 110 it may require 2 plugs and cords as our units use 5 heating elements and have 4 motors. One for drum and 4 blowers for both air flow and exhaust thru chaff unit.
These machines are a bit bigger roasting capacity that the Mill City. I'm not sure what
parts are used in Mill City. DongYi has chosen to import many of their parts so as to make top quality machines. I do know Mill Cities list their manufacture on their website & the distributor here does great work for people. I hope this bit of info helps and thanks for all your positive comments

Last edited:

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
1kg DONGYI photoshoped-2.jpg20140818_161938-2.jpg20140818_161938-3.jpg20140818_161938-4.jpg20140818_161938.jpgYes, you can have the 1.5 kg. Roaster custom made for 110. But you will need to use it on a 40amp breaker that is not standard in homes in US. So I recommend just going with the 220 50/60 amp unit. Yes, it will cost $200-300 to have electrician install. (Do it yourself for under $100) this will provide full power to the 5 infrared heating elements & the 4 motors used to power drum, blowers and cooling.
to get the 110 model requires factory to use all different motors and such so costs extra. But for those who insist on a 110 unit we can provide it.

Last edited:

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to share a few production photos taken just last week at the DongYi Manufacturing Co. of the new roasters that will be in the states in just a few weeks. While we will carry standard models you can have all sizes custom designed to fit your needs! If you are interested just let me know. They are inviting all roasters in America to tell them what they want put on the future coffee roasters. Nows your chance to have your ideas put into action!

DSC_0450.jpgBending machine.jpgdrum1.5.jpgIMG_0222.jpglaser cutting machine-2.jpg

Last edited: