OK... Own up... Who sells flavored beans?

NCSicilian

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I check this board from time to time, and each time I find a thread on flavored coffee, I get thoroughly frustrated.
JUST ONCE I would like to see a question from someone on what bean to use for flavored coffee actually get answered instead of everyone immediately hopping on their soap box and saying you shouldn''t have flavored coffees, you should educate your customers to appreciate the plain flavor of the coffee, blah, blah, blah.

rejoyjoy

Jan 22, 2008
Texas
Visit site
Flavored beans

Of course I sell flavored beans! My customers want them so I sell them. Also on Saturday mornings the flavored pump pot runs out first. Although we''re known for our house blend, flavored beans do real well.Thank you.

NCSicilian said:
I check this board from time to time, and each time I find a thread on flavored coffee, I get thoroughly frustrated.
JUST ONCE I would like to see a question from someone on what bean to use for flavored coffee actually get answered instead of everyone immediately hopping on their soap box and saying you shouldn''t have flavored coffees, you should educate your customers to appreciate the plain flavor of the coffee, blah, blah, blah.

Okay, I'll bite. I would like to know what a coffee roaster would use as a base bean for applying flavors to coffee. In fact, I will post it as a new topic.

Here's to you, NCSicilian. Let's see if the soapbox still exists....

Mako

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
NCSicilian said:

OMG... I missed this post. Well, I did ask for their opinions, so its OK that they shared their thoughts on educating customers. But, I have seen other threads where the OP was just looking for a quick answer and it turned into quite a debate. I know I'm guilty of that myself. LOL

Latest posts