Recipe similar/identical to SB's Doubleshot Espresso?

GeneGoddess

Jun 18, 2005
Visit site
OK, I am going to admit to a shock here: I'm not a coffee drinker. Scary, but true. My spouse sucks down coffee like it is going out of style, but I've never acquired the taste. HOWEVER, I do enjoy cappuchinos (both "traditional" and trendy flavors), coffee ice cream, coffee "floats", the occasional espresso, and so-help-me, the dreaded Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso. I'm WAY too cheap to buy it on a regular basis ($2 for less than a cup of liquid???), but I need a pick-me-up to get to work at 6am and keep me up for over-night call in the hospital. The tea I drink just won't cut it, caffeine-wise.

I'm a big fan of making things myself (I'm great at breakfast croissants), but I've been unable to find a recipe for the SB Doubleshots. Found plenty of Frappuchino "top secret" recipes, but they tend to be too sweet (lots of sugar). I've heard that Doubleshots are basically just cream and espresso. Does anyone know? I'm planning on (more bad behavior here) mixing up a large batch and just bringing it to work with me in a little mug.

SO, would someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out: has anyone heard of a good "Doubleshot" style recipe???

garywhite

Jun 19, 2005
Visit site
Well I've never had Starbucks, but the coffee house I work at I like this - double shot of espresso with a single shot of sugar-free vanilla. I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but it's something I would suggest over anything from Starbucks

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Hmm..

If someone came to us and asked for a double shot of espresso I'd shoot em a double shot and ask if they want it lightened up (creame) or sweetened (sugar or vanilla). Some take it straight....some have a little steamed cream on top (a true machiato I believe).

Hope that helps...