Recommend me coffee?

Ashechtman

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here at CF. I am a die hard coffee fanatic and started with simple folgers, then green mountain, then I went to Cancun, Mexico and bought some coffee down there (Cafe Mam). I am now looking to purchase some premium, high quality, exotic coffees from around the world. I definitely like a coffee with some cocoa/chocolate or nutty undertones. So far in my research, I've come across Jamaican Blue Mountain, which seems very good. I also came across Temple Coffee, on Coffeereview.com. Kona also sounds great. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions, all welcome, thanks!

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here at CF. I am a die hard coffee fanatic and started with simple folgers, then green mountain, then I went to Cancun, Mexico and bought some coffee down there (Cafe Mam). I am now looking to purchase some premium, high quality, exotic coffees from around the world. I definitely like a coffee with some cocoa/chocolate or nutty undertones. So far in my research, I've come across Jamaican Blue Mountain, which seems very good. I also came across Temple Coffee, on Coffeereview.com. Kona also sounds great. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions, all welcome, thanks!

Welcome aboard, I think before you dish out 70-150 dollars a pound, try high quality single origin beans. Try different regions of coffee. You might find some great ones. Also try different type of brewing. Have you tried to use aeropress or vacuum siphon method? You might find different taste with different brewing method.

If you are still looking for very high end expensive coffee, try "Kopi Luwak" or Civet coffee and Elephant Dung from Thailand. Those seem to be the most exotic coffee I have found.

wargun02

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard, I think before you dish out 70-150 dollars a pound, try high quality single origin beans. Try different regions of coffee. You might find some great ones. Also try different type of brewing. Have you tried to use aeropress or vacuum siphon method? You might find different taste with different brewing method.

If you are still looking for very high end expensive coffee, try "Kopi Luwak" or Civet coffee and Elephant Dung from Thailand. Those seem to be the most exotic coffee I have found.

Hi All,

I have second thoughts on Kopi Luwak, although it is view as some exotic CoffeeBeans, but to me, it is just "animal processed" CoffeeBeans (do search for it in Wikipedia). Nothing's wrong with that...but what if you feed the animal (what they call Asian Palm Civet) with low grade coffee, it will just produce low grade coffee, its that simple.

A friend of mine told me that they have visited a shop in Bali and tried the Kopi Luwak, it tasted good when it was freshly brewed in the shop, so they bought a jar of it. But unfortunately when they came home and brew the CoffeeBeans, it tasted nothing more than some of those normal grade blended coffee that you could buy from the hyper market. So, the morality of the story: Do beware of fake ones.

Cheers.

wargun02

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Personal preference, I truly enjoy Kenya AA and Guatemala. Both on french press. Lovely.

ashjohnson

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ashechtman

Sounds like you are a big fan of coffee :coffee:

You might want to try famous and finest Australian grown coffee. The most of coffee is grown in Byron Bay area of New South Wales state since 1800s. If you want to try, you can purchase online coffee beans from the local website . byronbeans.com.au/coffee-online

Last edited:

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I also love Jamaican coffee beans. Have you tried to order them?

Flori
Blogger, Coffeeloversofworld.com

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
You can try the Green Mountain Hot Chocolate. There are a lot of them to choose as long as you like the taste. But I’m sure you like it. You may try also the Wild Mountain Blueberry Coffee. But remember; consider the calories, sugar and fats. A coffee with less sugar and no additives that full of calories is the best for your health.

Ashechtman

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for not updating, I've been trying coffee from george howell coffee company and I haven't been too impressed. I'm looking for a coffee with a robust coffee taste, creamy body, and cocoa tones.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Sorry for not updating, I've been trying coffee from george howell coffee company and I haven't been too impressed. I'm looking for a coffee with a robust coffee taste, creamy body, and cocoa tones.
George Howells company is geared towards bright coffee, so no wonder you didn't like it lol. Check out something like Redbird Espresso or Fair Mountain Coffee Roasters Espresso blend (plenty of others similar to those as well just don't feel like typing out a bunch of names)... have the nutty/chocolate deep tones your looking for.

roastery7junky

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I would try Tiny Footprint Coffee dark roast blend. It is very robust with cocoa tones. They are artisan coffee roasters based near Minneapolis MN.

Enjoy the coffee.

Last edited:

freelance84

Oct 17, 2013
Kirovograd, Ukraine
Visit site
I would say to try Some of the varieties of African coffees. Tanzania Peaberry Songea , Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is very nice also. Bent Tree Coffee in Kent, OH... they roast very well and always fresh.
can get from onthebean.com

Chris
Article Writer/Blogger, onthebean.com

Last edited: