Saeco Odea Giro - weird error/not working - Any help would be appreciated

clegg78

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I've been a long time reader here and have gone through a few different espresso machines due to this forum. Today I am posting because I am running into an issue I Thought I could fix on my own but it is vexing me.

I have an Odea Giro that started having issues when I went to brew, I replaced the CPU board with a new one last week ($75) as it sounded like that could be the issue.

The issue:

I hit the brew button, and it instantly goes to the alternating bin/descale icons and lights up the 3rd bean to the right on the Optidose selector. And thats all that happens.

My Troubleshooting:
  • I turn on the machine and everything is fine - if it was cold it will go through the entire cycle and dispense clean water at start up. (no issues, bad noises, nothing)
  • I have gone into the maintenance mode and can perform all the operations without error or issue.
  • it only gives those error lights the second I hit to brew coffee.
  • CPU board has been replaced because before that it couldn't even go through most of the maintenance mode items, so there was improvement with that change but nothing else seems to be fixed.

Any ideas here? I am not a fan of throwing this thing out, or paying most of its value to get it repaired and would love to do it myself. Just not sure where to even look/test in this case. I figure of any place someone here would know where to look or have an answer.