Too much information in a website?

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
I stopped paying for ppc's while my main site is down and have had a few visits to my blog page, mostly from referring sites, but some organic searches as well.

Okay guys, here are some of my blogger stats from Google's Analytics:

Last 14 days, 189 visits
403 Page Views
65% Bounce Rate
Avg. Time on Site, 3:06

So, are these typical stats? Are people finding what they are looking for?
Any advice? Thanks.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Since my post, two weeks ago, visits have declined dramatically for some reason. I was posting heavily in another forum a few weeks ago, that accounts for many of the referral links.

Does anyone else use Google's webmaster tools and understand them?
Are they accurate?

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
That's great Davec, thanks for sharing. It looks just like mine, except yours shows a lot more visitors. On the map overlay option, I've noticed someone in Northampton, MA has been visiting my site every day, multiple times, for weeks. Why would someone do that? I asked Pangea if it was someone in their web design crew, working on my main site. Haven't heard back from them yet.
Davec, I have a non-coffee/non-website question for you. I'll pm you.
Anyway, another interesting tool is a Yahoo tracking tool I used to use on my main site. Regarding referral links like this one - I had higher visitor rates from this forum using a certain avatar, believe it or not. I experimented with various avatars for awhile and the results: Image sells. :wink:
Ccafe, thanks for the 7:33 look around. Funny, but I don't trust the "time on site" stats. Someone could have minimized the browser for your site and let it sit, open for a period of time. The page views however, Ccafe's 4 pages, tell the story more accurately.