Web Hosting - Who Do You Use?

tracy6413

Aug 16, 2011
LA
Visit site
I think I forgot I had one until the other day. It is a good way to generate hits to your site and hopefully sales although you are not supposed to be blateant about promoting your site in a blog.

ceegee

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Hostgator now for years, they are very good. They also have a 'Live Chat' option which is excellent, especially if you have any problems, the support has been outstanding, and very efficient. Can highly recommend.

ToyDogCoffee

Aug 24, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
For e-commerce I always set people up on Shopify. PCI-DSS compliant, great back end interface and their front ends look great. They also have an integrated blog which is great. Easy to update for the non-techie types. One of my sites is on Big Commerce but I am liking them less and less. For general blog hosting I am using Host Gator and never had an issue. Three blogs of mine got hacked and they fixed them for me no issues. I have also heard great things about Blue Host. While I would love to self host, for ecommerce, you really need the PCI compliance and its just to much work if you are not tech minded. If anyone needs help setting up an ecommerce site please let me know.

CoffeeServices

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Used to be on godaddy but moved to host gator, support is great really happy I moved there, currently have a VPS

I have found them to do go out of there support zones and helped me a couple times with issues which I'm pretty sure does not cone standard with the service...

coffeeblogger

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
HostGator is a full service web hosting provider offering all kinds of hosting solutions such as shared hosting, windows hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting.

Use Coupon Code : LUCKYMONTH to get first month hosting service Free.

crowhue

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I use justhost.com. Theyre based in the USA (Chicago data center) but serving me fine in the UK and it works out at about 5$a month excluding SSL and fixed IP

CuppaCoffee

Feb 28, 2012
NY
Visit site
Volusion is supposed to be a great option for web hosting-they are very user-friendly. My friend is using them and is very happy. I have also heard about Magento which I believe is free if all youre creating is a small website however they are not so user-friendly, a bit more difficult to set up there...