Website Images

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Been working on the store page in my website. It may seem like one page, but it's actually seven pages. I made them all identical, only the store item changes.

It's pretty tight and seamless and looks better in IE than FireFox. I need to download Safari again too. So far, it's been about 50/50 IE and Firefox users, but occasionally, a Safari user pops in for a browse.

Just trying to apply everything I've learned from this forum and others, regarding color application, placement and navigation. Still a rookie though.

If you get a chance, check out my new store page at http://www.davidsbiscotti.net

Thanks
Ed

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Thanks guys.

Jim, I could enlarge your banner and put it at the top of my links page......
if you send me some of your I-roasted beans. :D
Ha ha ha, just kidding buddy.

Randall, I'm still undecided on how to go about the whole coffee shipping charges thing. If I were to go the route of keeping a stock of coffee here, some whole bean, some ground, then just add it in with biscotti orders, it may be wiser to just go with one of my local roasters. There are two roasters here, within a twenty minute drive. That way, my customers wouldn't incur two separate shipping charges. Adding a pound of coffee to a biscotti order would only increase my customers' shipping cost by say 30 cents. Nothing really. I'll still keep the drop shipping idea in mind though, as it may serve a grander purpose as things progress (hopefully).

I'm working on the "Coffee Page" to my website now. I'll post it when it's ready.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
This is the latest image of my home page, no more Yahoo font, don't wanna get roughed up for it.... Image below made possible by EasyCapture (thanks Davec) and MySpace. Logo design by CoolText graphics generator, check them out. Also, thanks to Coffeeforums, I'm able to use the images I post here for quick referencing.

espressogirl

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi David,

Great job on the your website! It actually made me crave for a biscotti!

As for the revised darker color scheme, I think it looks okay. Personally though, I would prefer a lighter shade to complement the overall "personality" of a biscotti. Cookies are more on the delicate side (although the flavors could be bold too!) so a light-colored theme could evoke a gentler feel for the site.

Whatever you choose, I think it is still a cool site! :)

davidsbiscotti said:
Revised color scheme may be too dark:

More darkness awaits through the doors of my www button below...

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
I knew Jim would like it. After all, it's got his name on it, LOL. Thanks bud for the vote of confidence.

Espressogirl, thank you so much for your review of my color scheme. Although guys like Jim and I tend to lean towards the darker, richer, coffee colors, I can see how the typical online shopping experience should be filled with brighter, grocery store type colors like red and white with black font. I tried that for awhile, but just wasn't feeling the vibe that I wanted to portray with my products. I feel like the whole white background with "Buy Now" in red just isn't us. Our customer base is largely that of the coffee industry and that's how I like it. Dark browns, deep earth tones, coffee colors, even "brown sugar" if you will. :wink: I'm trying to get that vibe as best as I can with the sitebuilder program that I'm using.

P.S. - I like how you quoted my picture, ha ha! Funny. Thanks. :D

espressogirl

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi David,

I knew gender would really play a role in the choice of color. :) But the way you explained how you want to portray your website using even brown sugar tones was fabulous! It almost swayed me to the "darker" side.

And yes, I quoted your picture. Glad it amused you. :)

davidsbiscotti said:
I knew Jim would like it. After all, it's got his name on it, LOL. Thanks bud for the vote of confidence.

Espressogirl, thank you so much for your review of my color scheme. Although guys like Jim and I tend to lean towards the darker, richer, coffee colors, I can see how the typical online shopping experience should be filled with brighter, grocery store type colors like red and white with black font. I tried that for awhile, but just wasn't feeling the vibe that I wanted to portray with my products. I feel like the whole white background with "Buy Now" in red just isn't us. Our customer base is largely that of the coffee industry and that's how I like it. Dark browns, deep earth tones, coffee colors, even "brown sugar" if you will. :wink: I'm trying to get that vibe as best as I can with the sitebuilder program that I'm using.

P.S. - I like how you quoted my picture, ha ha! Funny. Thanks. :D