Weigh fill and destoner questions

AnonCoffee

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've recently purchase a Deidrich ir12 and have had great success with finding clients for my distribution business. I'm thinking of expanding to a weigh fill system to cut down on my payroll. Any suggestions on brands? Also I haven't been using a destoner but I recently found a few rocks from our green source. Is this a common thing? Should I be investing in a destoner? Thanks

ACRM

Oct 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Hi Anon,

What sort of quantity are you bagging per shift and what size are your bags. The reason I ask is that we have seen a very simple, diy net weigh setup that can bag about 300 lbs/hr into 5 lb bags. Cost? About $20! More than this and your heading towards a shop bought solution.
As for the destoner, all the roasters I know collect what they find in their green bean sacks and display them so, yes, it's universal. Nails, staples, rocks. One roaster I know even found a tooth but I suspect that destoners are far more important for roasters using less than specialty coffee grade green where the number of defects is so much higher. Don't forget that the pneumatic process used in destoners might cause some damage to your roasted whole bean as well.
Let me know if you's like more information about the bagger.

Rowan

Burn it, Bag it and Drag it.

Latest posts