What is your reaction to music in a coffeehouse?

Music in Cafes

I heard a cool Neil Young broadcast at a Starbucks once. On my way out, I searched for the CD. Of course they don't miss an opportunity to sell you anything at Starbucks. They're very good at that. I found the CD. An old 1972 recording of a concert at Massey Hall in Toronto. I've been to Massey Hall to see a couple of concerts, including the late Harry Chapin. Massey Hall is a great venue. Harry was incredible there. Anyway, I bought the CD, and enjoy it often.

There's a small chain of theaters in my area that serve food in the theater, while you watch the movie. Initially they had Lincoln Continental car seats in the theater, so you would have all the comfort of your car at a drive in. Now they use plush comfortable office type chairs around long tables. Waiters serve your dogs and fries and pizza and wings, and yes beer while the movie is playing.

They do very well, especially in the summer high season in Maine. In the summer when it rains, all the campers from the five million camps in this state come to Chunky's for a movie and to escape the rain.

During last year's NE Patriots season, Chunky's broadcast the games on their big screens. The events were very popular. Imagine being in a room with 150 fans cheering on your team, eating all the tailgate food and beer you want. Fun times.

By the way, I've been listening to John Mayer on the link Mr. B. supplied. He's great (John Mayer I mean). I don't know about Mayer following Clapton. He's got a way to go. But he's good. I'd be happy to listen to his music while sipping my caffeinated brew.

Mako