What kind of coffee are you drinking?

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Roasted a few batches of various single origins and blends today in order to tweak some final recipes before our opening. The only SO I roasted today for the sheer pleasure of enjoying tomorrow was an Ethiopian Sidamo to full city. Talk about finding my thrill on blueberry hill......

lw

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Cupped a guatemalan, nicaraguan, brazilian and ethiopian yergacheff this morning for a potential wholesale customer. She is a friend of the wife's who owns a coffee shop and needed some beans for her shop tomorrow. Looks like she's going to be featuring our organic/fair trade yerg from harfusa coop tomorrow.

lw

I am drinking my own beans. They were picked last year, 2011, and held for a year. They take on a deep, rich flavor with the storage time. Then we roast them in a drum roaster over an open fire. We have a wood similar to oak and it gives the coffee a smokey flavor you cannot believe !!
Jim

I use jute bags, 25 kilo and I hang them in my tool room. I just let them hang for a year or so and then roast them. REALLY different flavor. Since I have about 60,000 coffee plants I can play with aging, roasting, blending etc. But aging really adds to the body and depth of the coffee.