What kind of coffee are you drinking?

pinellasperk

Oct 29, 2003
Dunedin FL
Visit site
Re: Atkins frowns on coffee, no?

tintinet said:
I was under the impression the Atkins diet was rather anti-coffee. Caffeine is supposed to stimulate evil insulin secretion, the bane of the thin! :x

Yeah, they are. But two cups a day haven't done me any harm, I've still lost a lot of weight. Basically, if you are in ketosis, you will lose weight, if you are not in ketosis, you won't. Coffee doesn't affect ketosis (at least in me or my wife), so I drink regular coffee. Most people I know on the diet do the same. It does boost your metabolism without exercise, so I think it helps, not hurts.

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Atkins

Yeah, I've been on the Atkins-type diet (although I try to avoid saturated fats, as a rule, and drink a ton of coffee :-D ) for about a year. Some rules ya just gotta break! :twisted:

dspender

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm drinking Sumatra roasted nearby in Philadelphia. I have to bring coffee to work with me because the department coffee maker outside my door is usually brewing Foldgers (when its not brewing Pumkin Spice, Irish Creme, or some other form of coffee heresy).

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
French Roast

On the road. Picked up some Millstone French Roast. Strong stuff, with a powerful roasty flavor. Great in small quantities, for me, but overwhelming in a big mug!

coffeewright

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
Ahem, (Café, cough)

Here in the nether lands of the North (of the 49th, that is) we are imbibing a blend what's known as 'Kick Ass' in these parts. Roasted by those folks of inestimable worthiness at Kicking Horse Coffee. Servers in the local establishments are fond of crossing their arms and asking unwitting patrons if they'd like another Kick Ass.

'Tis grandé to find such a collection of café afficionados on the board. Indeed, looking forward to future discussions of the fine brew. In the meantime, I move mice and tap at keyboards for a living. Would be ever so grateful to find what this demographic thinks to be a good representation of a fine coffee company online. Am in the midst of research. Let me know, jo.

In the meantime, cheerio, and keep your hands on yer mug. Clickety-click. Typeity type.

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Kickinghorse Coffee!

Yeah! My wife was on an Alberta Rockies biking trip and brought me back some great Kickinghorse coffees: Three Sisters and Kootenay Crossing Blend. Both excellent!

Haven't yet tried the Kickass, but I aim to!

CLTRD

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
Re: Drinking Now

tintinet said:
Right now, Kicking Horse Coffee Kootenay Crossing Blend :D

I'm almost out of this Canadian Import, however. Next up is more Kicking Horse, Three Sisters Blend

I really love the Kootenay Crossing Blend- very rich and smooth

I've not yet tasted the Three Sisters, but I'll report!

BTW, moderators, there appears to be some problem with some of the Emoticons- they keep eating my text!

hahaha I am too!!

Are you from canada? BC? If so, where in? I live in salmon arm.. very close to kicking horse mountain, ideed!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Not from BC...

My wife brought me some Kicking Horse Coffee from a biking trip she was on. Great stuff!!! and great looking territory, judging by the pictures taken on the trip!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
No more Kicking Horse, for the moment....

I'm all out!

But, luckily, I still have some great coffee: Thanksgiving Coffee Organic Nicaraguan Maragogipe Light Roast!

Lightly roasted, dry, lightly colored beans with a mellow flavor...

Produces a lightly colored brew...slightly sweet with vanilla and nut-like tones, to me.

Very nice! :D

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Oddly....

I really like the Maragogipe, but my wife can't stand it. So I've switched to Maine Coffee Roasters Tanazania Peaberry. While it is a quite different coffee from the Nicaraguan light roast, I love it also.