What to do about campers and electric...

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello AJPratt:

I love how you put all those quotes on your wall. It's absolutely beautiful!

It was a very artistic and creative idea. Plus, the quotes could help stimulate lots of interesting conversation, especially when an old married couple goes out for coffee and they run out of things to talk about.

Good job!

Rose

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
The elusive Mako Shark usually awakens from hybernation about this time each year.....
His stalking patterns will vary, depending on which forum offers the freshest selection of coffee chatter.

Hi Mako! Long time no see, hope all's well where you are. :D

Elusive Mako

Well hello there Mr. Biscotti. It's nice to be missed.

Yes, I'm finally thawing from an unusually snowy and long winter. I remember waxing fairly poetic about Norman Rockwell and New England winters, last late fall. That nice feeling ended in late January.

Now I'm doing lawn tractor deck repair in a race with the exploding lawn. You've gotta love the four seasons.

How's everything down Massachusetts way?

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Shark Marketing

Things go well here in Western Mass., Mr. Shark. It was a long winter here and business has been slow. A few convention orders and a busy college coffee shop in San Francisco (surprisingly) have kept us busy. All of our regular accounts were unusually slow, compared to the same time last year.

You know, some of your winter postings in the forum did read like poetry. I enjoyed the read for sure and related to Wolf Larson’s writings, much in the same way that you did. Winter has that kind of effect on me. I become a little more introspective and begin to philosophize and ponder about the little things in life. It's good stuff. :D

So, other than that, how was business in Maine this winter?

PS – I might ask you for some advice soon, regarding image and marketing……

Maine Land Sharks

Thanks Mr. B. I enjoy reading your muses as well. Winter in Maine started great. Lots of traffic on the ski hills. Snowmobilers did abound. So folks with businesses around these areas did very well through January.

But the snowfall was incessant. It began to wear the public down, as it did me. As you know, people get stir crazy being cooped up inside for too long. So usually by January, people are dying to get out. Still the snow kept coming. It pinned people down on weekends when they would otherwise go out.

Ultimately, businesses felt the effect. It was a down late winter through early spring. Now there is a big question mark about how the summer season will play out, with the price of gas and the slowing economy. Lots of businesses in Maine count on 9 weeks of business to earn their profit for the year.

I'll be happy to get together with you, to discuss branding, marketing and promotion. Actually, I'm making a trip by car in mid-May to Toronto. I can travel on I-90 Mass Pike and drive right by you. Perhaps we can get together on the way. Send me a message via my website, or as a private message on the forum. See you soon.

Mako