Whats the strongest coffee???

cazidog

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Strongest coffee

I am a coffee addict but I am not familiar with the different kinds. I have recently bought a brand from Trader Joes health food store, its an organic Mexican coffee called Double Dark and its strong and delicious but I'm looking for stronger than that. Anyone know?

The strongest coffee I've found is Death Wish Coffee. It has 200% more caffeine than normal coffee. I have never felt anything like being awake, or buzzed from any coffee in my life. In fact usually, I fall asleep while drinking regular coffee in the morning. This Death Wish Coffee though, I definitely felt amped up on. Go to Death Wish Coffee dot com.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
when someone say "extra strong" coffee, I wonder whether he was referring to "extra strong caffeine" or "extra strong bitterness".....
as we all know (at least some of us), extra dark roasted beans have much less caffeine than light-medium roasted beans and regular coffee has more caffeine than espresso drinks.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
when someone say "extra strong" coffee, I wonder whether he was referring to "extra strong caffeine" or "extra strong bitterness".....
as we all know (at least some of us), extra dark roasted beans have much less caffeine than light-medium roasted beans and regular coffee has more caffeine than espresso drinks.

Good question, Alex. Most people will use the word 'strong' to denote the ratio of coffee:water - more coffee:less water = stronger coffee / less coffee:more water = weaker coffee.

C

CaffeItalianoAU

• STRONG coffee: The ‘strength’ of a coffee refers to the coffee to water ratio. It is NOT a particular type of roast. Some people mistakenly refer to a dark roast as a ‘strong’ coffee. While certainly there are some coffees with stronger flavors than others, the actual meaning of STRONG coffee refers to a high ratio of coffee grounds to water. Conversely, ‘Weak’ coffee is coffee that is brewed with a lower coffee to water ratio.

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
good to know. however, when I check few of the postings on this threads, I realized that so many people has wrong idea about "strong coffee".
to say frankly, it is kind of miss-leading the definition of "strong coffee" as water vs. coffee ratio.
they should come out with better and clear vocab for this.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
to say frankly, it is kind of miss-leading the definition of "strong coffee" as water vs. coffee ratio.
they should come out with better and clear vocab for this.

How much more clear can it be? The fact that many people use the wrong terminology, doesn't mean we should stop using the correct terminology.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
well... personally, it is not that clear. I guess that is why so many people think that it is about caffeine contents, how bitter the coffee is, how dark roast it should be, ....etc And until you made that clear, I was not quite sure what that exactly meant. Probably that was why there were so many different answers on that threads. Anyway, since you cleared that out, i am certain that everyone will know now. thanks Peter.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Hehehe... I don't think this will ever be clear to most coffee drinkers.

But, if people would stop and think... they can take a dark, bitter, or hi-impact coffee, and even though that's what they'd call a "strong" coffee, if they only use half the typical amount of coffee or twice the typical amount of water, it will be weakly brewed and no longer "strong" coffee.

JCF

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I invite you try Cuban Coffee, or a "Cafecito or Colada" as they say here in Miami, on any street corner of Miami and it is pretty strong. Of course, the blend is a mixture of coffee's, Arabica, Robusta, Roasted rather dark and grounded rather fine. ( Similar to Expresso ). The reason it is Strong, and keeps you going is because of the ratio of ground coffee to water. Thus giving you a kick. If you mix it with milk, we call it a "Cortaito", and lessens the strength since you are further diluting the Coffee with milk, as in a Cappuccino. :coffeecup:

Last edited: