WMF presto/1400 touch screen/software problem & How do I reset the Service Counter?

Affogato

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Im bumping this thread again because i need help, how do i reset the "Service Counter.." on my WMF Presto?
I have the Konfig tool, but i dont know how to use it. Do i even need to use it just to reset the counter?

Please help.

Also for you guys who wonder about the "Service.." error message on the screen, you can solve it by changing the date back a year or two. Cuz´ the machine has a counter for every 1year "customer self service.." and for every 2years "Service needed.." so if you put the date back you avoid the message showing up :)
You can also fix with konfigtool, but if you like me could not get it to work at first it a good start :)

MOS6581

Dec 1, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried the software? I think its the same software for 1400/presto/CombiNation etc. They have the same screen and program set-up.

Yes, i tried the software and it basically works. The problem is, i can't edit anything because the front plate demands a firmware update first. I did not dare updating the machine for the fear of bricking it :)
If you start the program for editing the recipes, it says that you are using the software with the wrong machine type, although it seems to work.
I know that there is a specific version of the software for the Prestolino, but had no luck finding it on the internet so far... :(

Greetings,
MOS6581

Affogato

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Yes, i tried the software and it basically works.
Greetings,
MOS6581

Yeah ok, im thinking about the software update and how it will effect the machine. The machine is asking for an update.
I have been searching for too long only to kill my presto machine just when i got everything hooked up.

Have anyone done a software update with this version konfigtool successfully?

Does the machine autosave all the changes or do i need to save or something like that? i can make changes but it does not "stick":coffee1: