coffee makes me angry

Coffee Lover 1

May 5, 2011
USA
Visit site
I know what you mean about the irritability. I had anger spirts after drinking diet coke and really dark coffee that was high in caffeine. I have since watered down all my coffee drinks and I quit the diet coke forever.

paul gordelo

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
As far as i think it is depends how habitual you are for your coffee. I am saying it because it happened to other things also, when you are addicted to smoking and you don't find your cigarette you will get irritate.

shokan

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Caffeine forces your glands to secrete when they don't have much left to give, and they have to keep digging deeper and deeper, making you more and more tired over time. And over the years, it takes more and more coffee to get the same result. Some people reach the point of drinking half a dozen or more cups of coffee to get the same result and it's barely keeping them awake. That's severe adrenal depletion.

Uncontrolled neuron firing creates an emergency situation, which triggers the pituitary gland in the brain to secrete ACTH (adrenocorticotrophic hormone). ACTH tells the adrenal glands to pump out stress hormones—the next major side effect of caffeine.

Caffeine increases the stimulating neurohormone, noradrenaline, and reduces the calming neurotransmitter, serotonin.

Caffeine doesn't add energy to your system, it just burns up your reserves at a faster pace. You get a short-term boost at the expense of long-term jitters and fatigue. While mice fed one dose of caffeine demonstrated significant increases in their swimming capacity, when the dose of caffeine was given for 6 weeks, a significant decrease in swimming capacity was observed.

If you continue to drink coffee or other beverages containing caffeine throughout the day, your adrenal glands will be constantly stimulated and you will find yourself in a chronic state of stress. Extra stress, I guarantee, you don't need—it takes a toll on your body and brain. And even though most people think caffeine makes them mentally sharper, studies demonstrate that, in fact, the opposite is true.

Ninety percent of patients who went cold turkey [eliminated all sugar and caffeine from the diet} felt worse at first, but an overwhelming number of them felt better and had more energy within a week.

The truth about caffeine and energy is finally getting out. Physicians are starting to warn their patients about caffeine "rebound," and an article in U.S. News & World Report listed caffeine addiction as a major cause of fatigue, including a "crash" that occurs after caffeine "buzz" wears off. People who become aware of this powerful influence on energy and mood and take steps to improve their energy naturally can experience remarkable improvements in their quality of life.

Stress hormones are pumped out in excessive amounts. This action suppresses immunity and increases risk for a number of health disorders, especially cardiovascular disease. It also lowers production of DHEA, a hormone critical to the optimum functioning of your immune, cardiovascular, reproductive, and nervous systems.

Research is revealing that cortisol and DHEA, both produced in the adrenal cortex, hold an inverse relationship. As serum cortisol increases, DHEA levels fall. It may be that stress and caffeine create such a high need for cortisol that the exhausted adrenals simply cannot maintain production of DHEA at optimal levels.

Though milder in its effects, caffeine manipulates the same neurochemical channels that amphetamines, cocaine, and heroin do. Overuse of caffeine can result in a variety of symptoms, including irregular heartbeat, sleeplessness, headaches, nervousness, tremors, irritability, and depression.

Adrenal fatigue, depleted reserves and over-stimulated nervous system, to name only a few, all contribute to being easily irritated and having mood swings. The individuals who reacted testily to the subject in this thread are probably experiencing the above-mentioned symptoms. It's a good idea not to ingest caffeine at all. If you decide to stop, it will take you about a week to get over the headaches and feeling of unease that is characteristic of withdrawal. Thereafter, in general, you should feel pretty good compared to while having a cup or more per day.

I am a coffee-lover but I have been through all this and decided to stop altogether. It was a good decision because, what can I say, I just feel better during the day and my productivity has improved.

Last edited:

ceegee

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow! coffee makes you angry! I haven't noticed my anger increasing with coffee, but then again I am a bit of an addict. Maybe I should cut back and see what happens - then again the family may tell me to start again. :coffee: