How to remove coffee stain from teeth?

ToddAlanWoodcraft

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
There are some natural charcoal toothpastes made with burnt coconut husk- that works for me. My teeth were pretty yellow and now they are becoming white again. Downside is you have a black mouth while brushing- but its pretty funny- all your foamy paste you spit out is black. you just have to make sure to rinse it all down the sink or it can stain white sinks if left sitting on it.

Albertmitchell

Jul 30, 2019
Buffalo
Visit site
toothpaste made with burnt coconut husk is really a good tool for teeth whitening. But if you continue to destroy your teeth with bad habits (I consider that coffee is a bad habit), then no toothpaste will save your teeth.

bandgeek

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Whitening has helped me recently, but a good preventative measure is to drink coffee (hot or cold) with a reusable straw. It saves your teeth big time!

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
yes we need to consult our doctor for the best advice

Make that Dentist. At least in the US. Just be careful of toothpaste that is labeled "Whitening". My dentist told me that whitening toothpastes contains an abrasive that can tend to negatively impact gums, as in cause receding gums. Consult your dentist. Don't take my word for it.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Make that Dentist. At least in the US. Just be careful of toothpaste that is labeled "Whitening". My dentist told me that whitening toothpastes contains an abrasive that can tend to negatively impact gums, as in cause receding gums. Consult your dentist. Don't take my word for it.

After years of using whitening toothpaste and medium bristle toothbrushes, my dentist now tells me that the whitening toothpaste has been irritating my gums. Now, I have to use an extra soft toothbrush and Sensidine toothpaste when my gums start hurting. I can alternate with the whitening toothpaste, but I can't use it exclusively.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
After years of using whitening toothpaste and medium bristle toothbrushes, my dentist now tells me that the whitening toothpaste has been irritating my gums. Now, I have to use an extra soft toothbrush and Sensidine toothpaste when my gums start hurting. I can alternate with the whitening toothpaste, but I can't use it exclusively.

If the whitening toothpaste irritates your gums, you may want to rethink using whitening toothpaste at all. Once your gums recede, you can't grow them back. You either deal with the resulting sensitivity from exposed roots of your teeth or have expensive and painful surgery to graft new gum tissue in place. I won't use whitening toothpaste anymore and use only Sensodyne Fresh Breath toothpaste because it doesn't have the whitening abrasives. Use the whitening toothpaste at your own peril. Not trying to be a jerk but you only have one set of teeth.

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
I've been using Rembrandt a couple times a week for years and I remember when you could actually feel the grit in it but several years ago they changed it so it no longer has the gritty texture.

I've always had a hard time with toothpaste because I do not like mint. A few years back Crest stopped making one I liked so I was trying to find one I like and it's almost impossible to buy toothpaste that doesn't say whitening on it. I finally found one I like and it came from my dentist in a sample size tube but it does say whitening on it.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I've been using Rembrandt a couple times a week for years and I remember when you could actually feel the grit in it but several years ago they changed it so it no longer has the gritty texture.

I've always had a hard time with toothpaste because I do not like mint. A few years back Crest stopped making one I liked so I was trying to find one I like and it's almost impossible to buy toothpaste that doesn't say whitening on it. I finally found one I like and it came from my dentist in a sample size tube but it does say whitening on it.

As mentioned above, I won't use a whitening toothpaste anymore. I use Sensodyne Fresh Breath. It does not have whiteners in it. You can see the difference int he consistency of the toothpaste itself. It is much less pasty and zero grit. And it doesn't taste bad. I buy the two packs when I can.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Yeah I can somewhat agree... of course it depends on how you brush as well. For years I used Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste and a firm brush. I did get a bit of gum recession, but not terribly so as it would seem. Having said that, now I use a soft brush, brushing more often and a softer toothpaste. For the whitening effect I simply swish with bleach, lmao. Just kidding on that, but I'm not worried about perfectly white teeth as things fade as we age and I won't give up espresso just to have whiter teeth.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Yeah I can somewhat agree... of course it depends on how you brush as well. For years I used Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste and a firm brush. I did get a bit of gum recession, but not terribly so as it would seem. Having said that, now I use a soft brush, brushing more often and a softer toothpaste. For the whitening effect I simply swish with bleach, lmao. Just kidding on that, but I'm not worried about perfectly white teeth as things fade as we age and I won't give up espresso just to have whiter teeth.

I agree. I use a Sonicare toothbrush with the soft bristles. I no longer am manually scrubbing my teeth which I believe may have contributed more to my gum recession than the whitening agents in the toothpaste. And I'm an old fart. I'm less worried about my tooth color so long as no one is put off by it. I'll never give up my small coffee habit unless a doctor says I have to.

tealoverme

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
This is also my problem too as I have no time to brush my teeth after enjoying my coffee. A dentist advised me to at least gargle with a mouthwash and chew some chewing gum. Sadly, these don't seems to be effective and the stains persisted.

jasonbloom

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
[h=2]Ways to remove a coffee stain from teeth:[/h]
  • Baking soda. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with one to two teaspoons of water to make a paste.
  • Eat crunchy fruits and vegetables regularly.
  • Gargle with water after consuming coffee.
  • Brush twice a day.

jasonbloom

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
4 ways to remove a coffee stain from teeth are:

• Baking soda. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with one to two teaspoons of water to make a paste.
  • Eat crunchy fruits and vegetables regularly.
  • Gargle with water after consuming coffee.
  • Brush twice a day