Ice Maker

TPE

Sep 23, 2021
North Carolina
Visit site
Hey coffee family!

I am in the process of converting a horse trailer into a BP mobile coffee unit. Currently I’m adding up necessary equipment required wattage and voltage for the builders. What are some thoughts on installing an ice maker for warmer months? Has anyone done this before? I am looking for input in regards to capacity of ice maker output. Roughly how much ice needs to be produced for several cold drinks a day. These machines generate quantity in a certain amount of time. I don’t think I am going to have one installed right away as it is not in my budget. However, I’d like the trailer to be prepared electrically so once I’m ready, I don’t have to be concerned with the units power supply setup.

Thank you for any suggestions or experience!

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I only explored building a truck so I'm far from an expert... however - I don't think most mobile operations have an ice maker onboard. Typically its back at your commissary kitchen. I don't know where your located but keep in mind all of this equipment generates a lot of heat as well - in the summertime (at least here in the midwest) trucks can get UBER hot.

TPE

Sep 23, 2021
North Carolina
Visit site
I only explored building a truck so I'm far from an expert... however - I don't think most mobile operations have an ice maker onboard. Typically its back at your commissary kitchen. I don't know where your located but keep in mind all of this equipment generates a lot of heat as well - in the summertime (at least here in the midwest) trucks can get UBER hot.
Heat I certainly know! I am In NC. Speaking with my builder who is handling the majority of the buildout, he’s already wanting to put in an AC unit. At this time I’m going to start minimally and have all the electric put in for potential future adjustments like adding an AC and Ice maker Later on. I just thought over time I could save money with a small ice maker vs constantly buying bags of ice. I appreciate your feedback and it is definitely something to consider!