Introductions

oxygen

Mar 10, 2004
Visit site
Peace All !

My name is Adel, I am a cafe/Bar owner for a bit more then a year located in Portugal. I found this forum thru online search. Hoping to share ideas and learn from this forum.

uchen

Mar 11, 2004
Southern California
Visit site
Hi All,

My name is Suzan Ashley, live in South Orange County - California. I like to joint this forum to learn more about coffee. I am originally from Indonesia, but was not a coffee drinker when I was there. Now I am working in the coffeehouse to sell all the beans and drinks, so I had to drink/ taste it every day..... make me addicted to it!
Many thanks to Coffee Lover and others on this forum for all the information. You are really sincere on passing the knowledge to each other :grin: . I learn new things everyday :) .

mercury

Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm Hong Hai, from Vietnam. I was very happy when I found this forum.
I'm 21, student, love coffee much more than my girlfriend (coz I havent got gf :grin: ).

Wish : I want to open a coffeeshop in Hanoi after I retire (hopefully, next 40 years).

Actually, i'm studying in Singapore. I hate this country coz coffee here is absolutely terrible. If anyone comes from Singapore here, plz introduce me some coffeeshops with high quality coffee. Thx a lot

Glad to know all of u !

txchamp

Mar 20, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
Hi fellow coffee lovers! My name is Mike, currently residing in Kansas City, Missouri, living in exile from Texas. This is my very first post on this coffee board! I looked all over the place to find a cool board to relax and get away from it all and found coffeeforums! Any one try that Jolt gum?

DebsCoffee

Mar 24, 2004
Arkansas
Visit site
New to this forum....

Hello everyone...I'm new to this site. I put in a search for coffee discussion boards and thought this one looked pretty interesting and informative. I live in Arkansas and my husband and I are getting ready to open a coffee house in the little town near where we live....pop. 3500....everyone in town is very excited about it! Right now I teach at a 2-year college fulltime but have a 3-day a week schedule which works out pretty nice. Is there a forum here that is specific to coffee houses? Nice to meet all of you!

txchamp

Mar 20, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
Welcome Debbie! I don't know if there is a coffee house forum in here--I'm new to the board too--but you can always create a topic with that subject title and invite people to post information on coffee houses? Is you coffee house going to have a certain theme? When is it going to open? Sounds great, hope you do very well!

DebsCoffee

Mar 24, 2004
Arkansas
Visit site
Hi Mike and thanks for the welcome! I lived in Texas for awhile....down in Laredo for 5 years and then up close to Amarillo in a little community between Shamrock and Wellington for several years.

We are planning to open the coffee house in mid to late May. Right now the owner is finishing up the renovations and then we will move in and start painting, etc. The building we are leasing was originally a grocery store in the 30s and 40s so the architecture is nice.....wooden floor, wooden columns. The present owner is making it into three separate buildings and we will have the middle part (and hopefully expand to lease one of the side buildings later)...but he is leaving the wooden columns in our part so that gives it a little "character". This is a completely new venture from anything I've ever done so I'm getting really excited about it.....and a little nervous! Theme? Well, not really....I'm trying to stay eclectic, but I am going with some deep and bold colors for the walls, and sort of a casual, campy look if that makes any sense at all.....my husband adjusted to the idea of an eggplant-colored wall pretty well....LOL We finally decided on a name for the place....."Blue Al's Coffee House"......a combination of my kids initials....BLU and ALS. We are planning to have a blues night regularly as well as a jazz night and the other coffee house stuff....poetry slam, karaoke, etc. As I said before, we are in a very small town so in order to keep the $$$ coming in I need to be able to entice as many different types to come in as possible. We are going to have a soup/salad/sandwich/dessert menu as well as the gourmet coffees and fruit smoothies.

Are you in the coffee business? Right now I'm not planning on giving up teaching, but if the CH takes off who knows........ :D

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
EEEEEhah...Welcome to the forums DebsCoffee. Glad you came aboard and good luck with your new venture. Although I live and operate in the northwest part of the country, I'm the biggest Dallas Cowboy FAN! 8) I'm old school Cowboys...from the days of "Dandy Don Meredith", Bob Hayes, etc., etc., etc. oh yeah and the "Hat" Coach Landry. Sorry, I get beside myself anytime I run across anyone from Texas. Good luck on your upcoming venture, and if there's anything I can offer regarding equipment, coffee, consulting, or whatever, just shout :!:

DebsCoffee

Mar 24, 2004
Arkansas
Visit site
:wink: Thanks for the welcome, Coffee Guy! Ummmm....will your offer still stand when I admit I am NOT a Cowboy's fan...my roots are in Oklahoma....actually I am not a football fan at all, but I lean towards the Sooners when backed in a corner....What was Switzer thinking???.....LOL

I do appreciate your offer to answer questions, etc.! What type of establishment do you run?

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Nah...I won't hold it against ya...In fact I have a few rabid "Sooner" friends here :p Well I run a legal establishment :twisted: ...Just joking, I along with my brother in law and sister in law are coffee roasters and espresso drive thru owners. It's a long story, but if you have a free week sometime, you'll have to pull up a chair with your favorite cup of "Joe" and I'll tell it to you some time. :D Anyway our expertise is in working with people to educate, train, and mainly get them into this business without all of the marketing bull and instead provide down to earth business practices. We charge a fee for our services, but sometimes I just feel like talking and at least bring something to the table where others might find something useful. We can always talk dollars later. Anywho, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Darrenbrett

Mar 29, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Darrenbrett is coffee-centric

Hi all. My name is Darren. I've been drinking coffee for about 10 years now. I was first introduced by a friend at Starbucks. Initially I could only handle a mocha with extra sugar and chocloate- hardly cofee really! Now I love the real stuff- though I still drink it with a little milk and precisely one brown sugar cube. And for me, the experience of coffee is also great because its so closely connected to associations like good conversations with close friends and great books!

DebsCoffee

Mar 24, 2004
Arkansas
Visit site
CoffeeGuy....sounds like you know alot about the coffee business!

Darren...Welcome! I'm new here myself but it seems to be a good place to find information. I'm getting ready to open a coffee house in a couple of months here in our little town. See ya! :grin:

DebsCoffee

Mar 24, 2004
Arkansas
Visit site
Coffee Guy,

Unfortunately, my limited budget won't afford me a consultant, so I will have to wing it and hope for the best......and keep an eye out for any tips you might give us free gratis.... :wink:

Debbie