Introductions

sketchbook

Apr 2, 2004
portland
Visit site
hey everyone. my name is joe and i am from portland. i am a designer currently working at nike. i do a lot of retail design and 3d renderings, as well as packaging, and general marketing materials.

i am thinking about starting a coffee shop in the future - but i am still in the planning phase.

cheers!

DebsCoffee

Mar 24, 2004
Arkansas
Visit site
:) Good morning Joe and welcome....I am new here too but it seems a really nice place and full of information. I am in the final (?) phases of opening a coffee house and it is really exciting. This is a completely new venture for me (I am a college instructor) but felt teh need to jump out of my box and try something new. The coffee house idea kept nagging at me, soooooooo..........Good luck in getting yours started!

JJohnson

Apr 5, 2004
Tennessee USA
Visit site
introducing myself

Hello everyone,

My name is Jennifer Johnson and I am a high school senior in Tennessee. When I was a kid I used to hate coffee thinking it always tasted bitter (this comes from growing up with poorly made drip machine coffee- yuck, yuck, yuck)

Then when I was eleven years old I was introduced to espresso in the form of an iced latte- I have been a coffee fanatic ever since. Taking note of the above, I usually like my espresso iced or ice-blended with milk and flavor added but have been known to appreciate a hot cup on a cold winter night. :D
I'd really love to own my own espresso machine and burr grinder someday and maybe even open up a cafe of my own- but for now I shall get my espresso fix at the local coffee houses.

Anyway, I was searching for a coffee message board on google and found this place- the information I have gathered so far has taught me much about the world of coffee. My thanks goes out to the posters who share their expertise- hope you don't mind while I stick around and take notes. :)

PerkyGirl

Apr 14, 2004
Rowlett, Texas
Visit site
New to Post Not new to forum!

Hello everyone,
My name is April Durrett and I am new to post at this forum, but I have been lurking around for a few weeks. There are some extremely helpful people out there. I am considering opening a drive thru espresso shop in my area but I have just gotten started. I am soooo(I don't think I can put enough o's) nervous about everything. Mainly how do you leave a decent paying job with a secure paycheck to do something like this?

I am from Texas and the drive thru's haven't made it here yet. I don't know of any in my area, just outside of Dallas. I can't wait to see what I learn from this site. Oh, by the I have been a coffee drinker for about 16 years, but I really got turned on to it when my brother moved to the Seattle area in 1998. They have a great little espresso place in Stanwood called Locals. They make a great latte, I was hooked from that moment on. But unfortunately we only have Starburnts here. The people in Dallas need coffee education!

I hate to ramble on but if Coffee Guy is out there be on the look out for a package from me. We southerner's love to send Thank You's.

Thanks again,
No cute coffee quote "yet"

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
eeeeeeeeeeeeeHa! Hey Perky Girl :-D ...Glad to see you made it to the party. Tell your Mom and the rest of the family hi for me, and it was a pleasure to meet you all. Rosey, Lisa and Zorro (I know you remember Zorro) all say hi as well.

I hope you found your visit with us educational, and when you are ready to move forward never hesitate to call on us. We're here for you. Just to let everyone know out there, Perky Girl is actually "Perky"...No joke, shes a wonderful lady :D Oh, it's not necessary to send me a gift, but if you insist :oops:

Well anyway, Gotta go, Believe it or not I'm still at the office! What in the %$#@ am I thinking, it's Friday night :twisted:

Later all...

Aliya

Apr 12, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
Hey all! My name is Aliya. Greetings from Chicago! I moved here from Atlanta, was raised in Orlando, Florida... but was born in London, UK. Whew!

Anyway, I LOVE coffee and anything to do with it. Started the addiction most like everyone - in college. I am opening a coffee shop this year, and am really excited. Just doing a TON of research for the time being.

I joined the site last week, and want to say that everyone here is really nice and very helpful. I have never come across people who are so willing to offer advice. Coffee Forums is the best!!! :-D

Cheers,
~aliya

dbar8

Jun 17, 2004
virginia
Visit site
Hello

:D I'm Darlene and I'm new to this forum and hail from a sleepy little town in Virginia (we just got a tiny little Starbucks a few months ago), but have been a member of coffeegeek for quite some time. I am DEVOTED to coffee and have in the past six months or so begun to experiment more and more with espresso. I keep buying espresso makers, moving up a little each time and am enjoying learning about coffee. I look forward to "chatting" with you guys.

googie

Jul 7, 2004
Los Angeles
Visit site
Hey, Junkies:

My name's Googie and I'm a writer, food historian and chef. I'm also a coffee worshipper, as were my parents and their parents before them. I'm interested in [drinking] coffee and [learning about] the political history of coffee.

I take it black.

Hope to mix it up with some of you soon.

Googie

CoffeeLady

Jul 26, 2004
WA
Visit site
Hello everyone! I just thought I'd introduce myself to the crowd. :) I am a coffee lover in Latteland (Seattle, WA). I too am about to jump into opening a coffeehouse, in conjunction with my church. I have been trying to learn all I can at this stage of the game, and in looking for info online found these forums. Hope to learn lots and someday contribute lots back!

I've been a coffee drinker for a relatively short period of time compared to some, just 8 years or so....although I grew up on the aroma. :) I am in love with coffee and the community it creates though. Can't wait to be involved on a deeper level.

Blessings all!

Natalie

ralphshade

Jul 28, 2004
Madison, WI
Visit site
CoffeeLady said:
Hello everyone! I just thought I'd introduce myself to the crowd. :) I am a coffee lover in Latteland (Seattle, WA). I too am about to jump into opening a coffeehouse, in conjunction with my church. I have been trying to learn all I can at this stage of the game, and in looking for info online found these forums. Hope to learn lots and someday contribute lots back!

Good luck in your new venture. I served as Treasurer for a lnot-for profit Christian coffeehouse here in Madison WI. If I can be of any help, please let me know!

Knives

Aug 25, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
Howdy.
I love coffee, so I searched for forum consisting of pure coffee discussion(and also cause I got sick of the Zombie forum, boring). So yeah, I love coffee. I drink tons of black coffee right before I go work out my huge muscles. Caffine coursing through my veins fuels my desire to rip my body to perfection. It gives me that power I need to put up that extra ten pounds and set a new record for my weight class, ohh yeahh! Even when I'm on the treadmill, I down shots of expresso, ignoring the pain in my legs as I push myself onward to a super low body-fat percentage. When I walk into the gym everyone knows I'm a caffine filled powerhouse of power!