Keurig and K-cup research

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
If you do a "Google" search for K-cup filters, you find lots of information about a variety of products for your machine. There are ways to use your own ground coffee, and make it how you like it with much less expense. You can even buy disposable paper filters for your K-cup basket (or make your own) to help make the cleanup chore easier.

Rose

infinyte00

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the insight, lw and Rose! I'm usually rushing out the door in the mornings, and don't want to revert back to grinding the coffee beans, refilling the filters and cleaning up. I take it that you guys haven't tried the SF Bay OneCups yet.

jollygoodboy

Mar 2, 2013
USA
Visit site
I have one myself and I really love it a lot! Its so much easier to brew coffee with it. I don't even have to worry about putting too much coffee beans and too little water, or the other way around. Makes life alot simpler. Anyhow i was doing a google search and seen this site called fixthatkeurig.com. don't know much about it, but its suppose to be all about keurigs, both home and business versions. not alot of info on there, but it has some things on there.

tylerscoffees.com

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I love the simplicity of k cups they are amazingly easy to used and i enjoy the coffee that comes out of them but nothing will ever change the way you have coffee with an [h=1]Super-Automatic can not go wrong with this[/h]

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "jollygoodboy"

Welcome the the Coffee Forums!

I took a look at fixthatkeurig.com website, and there doesn't seem to be much information there yet. I was hoping to find answers to some of the common Keurig problems that people are having.

It's great that you love your Keurig machine and the coffee that you make with it. The whole idea is to enjoy your coffee the way you like it, and it sounds like your Keurig has served you well.

Rose

jollygoodboy

Mar 2, 2013
USA
Visit site
Yea, there really isnt much there from what i seen too. I just saw something about using white vinegar to clean calcium buildup out of the brewer and bookmarked it since i never heard of that before. Hopefully stuff will start to fill up on there. Anyhow, yea i use my brewer every single day before work. I even bought the water filter to go with it.

KCupsYourWay

May 12, 2013
Florida
Visit site
Hi Marie,

I am a new member and thought I could offer assistance with your questions as I have a Keurig which I absolutely love.

o How often per week do you brew coffee with your Keurig machine? 7 days/week How has that changed over the last year? Nothing has changed
o How has your purchase pattern of K-Cups changed in the last year? It has not changed
o How long does it take for your Keurig machine to brew your K-Cup? 60 seconds Is that fast enough for you? Yes. By the time I add creamer & sweetener to my cup, the water is hot and ready to brew the coffee into my cup
o Where do you buy your K-Cups? Online from several coffee vendors - looking to eventually buy wholesale if my business takes off and gets big enough
o Do you own the reusable K-Cup filter? Yes Do you only use K-Cups or have you tried other company’s beans, like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? I prefer the KCups (less mess) but will use reusable cup if there is coffee I like that does not make KCups If so, when did you make that change and what do you think of the quality, flavor, taste, convenience compared to K-Cups? Quality is pretty comparable now. I believe the art of KCupping is getting refined by more brewers so that their coffee brews as good as the original KCup from Green Mountain
o Did you buy the Keurig or get it as a gift? Bought myself What impact does this have on usage rates? None
o Have you tried other single cup brewers? No What did you think? Would you buy any to replace your Keurig machine? Not at this point
o How has owning/using a Keurig machine impacted your purchase patterns at Starbucks, Peets, Dunkin Donuts, etc…? I do not buy DD anymore, never bought others as coffee was too strong
o Will you buy Folgers and/or Millstone K-Cups when they come out later this year? Already have. Folgers Vanilla Biscotti is a favorite of mine

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you looking to buying a Keurig? Do not own one but my friends said it is quite nice.

Flori,

Last edited by a moderator:

KCupsYourWay

May 12, 2013
Florida
Visit site
Are you looking to buying a Keurig? Do not own one but my friends said it is quite nice.

Flori,

Hi Fiori, I actually bought my Keurig fall 2012 and have loved it every since. It makes a great cup of coffee and allows whatever flavor you want from cup to cup. I do occasionally use the reusable cup and fill with my own grounds (Don Francisco's Cinnamon Hazelnut) but to me that has 2 drawbacks: 1) I have the mess of dumping the grounds and cleaning the reusable cup, and 2) I still have to buy a can/package of one whole flavor of coffee. The KCups solve that problem (especially now that I have my internet business and have an excuse to buy lots of different flavors). I can have French Vanilla as my first cup of the day and Brooklyn Beans Maple Sleigh as my 2nd cup. I am told there are over 200+ flavors which means I still have a long way to go before I get through them all. Let us know if you decide to give the Keurig a try! :grin:

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Im a little late in posting to this thread, but it was interesting reading through other's posts.

So answers to the questions then:

How often per week do you brew coffee with your Keurig machine? How has that changed over the last year? - well that must be about 15 to 20 times. Its probably stayed about the same.

o How has your purchase pattern of K-Cups changed in the last year? Not much as we have had our unit for a few years now.

o How long does it take for your Keurig machine to brew your K-Cup? Is that fast enough for you? Takes about a minute or so (can't say I've actually ever timed it to be honest) - and yes it is fast enough.

o Where do you buy your K-Cups? Mostly through Amazon these days.

o Do you own the reusable K-Cup filter? Do you only use K-Cups or have you tried other company’s beans, like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? If so, when did you make that change and what do you think of the quality, flavor, taste, convenience compared to K-Cups? We do use the reuseables and had tried most of the big brands over the years.

o Did you buy the Keurig or get it as a gift? What impact does this have on usage rates? We bought our own Keurig.

o Have you tried other single cup brewers? What did you think? Would you buy any to replace your Keurig machine? We have tried others but do like the Keurig B77.

o How has owning/using a Keurig machine impacted your purchase patterns at Starbucks, Peets, Dunkin Donuts, etc…? No, not really.

o Will you buy Folgers and/or Millstone K-Cups when they come out later this year? No.

hgycta

Nov 20, 2013
Maryland
Visit site
o How often per week do you brew coffee with your Keurig machine? How has that changed over the last year? Once every day; this has remained about the same.
o How has your purchase pattern of K-Cups changed in the last year? Whereas before I would only purchase k-cups on Keurig's website, I now purchase ground coffee and use that in a reusable K-cup filter. I have made this transition due to financial reasons, and it is much better for the environment.
o How long does it take for your Keurig machine to brew your K-Cup? Is that fast enough for you? Less than a minute, which is super fast in my opinion! I recently bought an espresso machine (Bella) for the steaming wand, and I can turn that one on a few minutes before the Keurig, yet the Keurig still beats it!
o Where do you buy your K-Cups? Previously on Keurig's website; now I found it is much cheaper at BJ's wholesale.
o Do you own the reusable K-Cup filter? Do you only use K-Cups or have you tried other company’s beans, like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? If so, when did you make that change and what do you think of the quality, flavor, taste, convenience compared to K-Cups? Yes, and I have only recently made that change with the purchase of my espresso machine. I now purchase Wellsley Farms (BJ's) decaffeinated ground coffee, which surprised me with its superior aroma and flavor! Although it's more work to prepare than a standard k-cup, it is MUCH cheaper.
o Did you buy the Keurig or get it as a gift? What impact does this have on usage rates? I won it at my school's post prom party. For this reason it's not the most expensive brewer (worth about $99 retail), but I feel I would still pay the full price for this machine based on its convenience and performance so far.
o Have you tried other single cup brewers? What did you think? Would you buy any to replace your Keurig machine? Not really, but I have looked into them online and been interested by them. However, I am currently unwilling to put forth the money for another brewing system since I still have my Keurig and that is working efficiently.
o How has owning/using a Keurig machine impacted your purchase patterns at Starbucks, Peets, Dunkin Donuts, etc…? Whereas before I had only purchased Frappuccinos, I now frequently purchase hot lattes and macchiatos. I have learned a lot more about coffee and became more willing to try different things. Thank goodness! :)
o Will you buy Folgers and/or Millstone K-Cups when they come out later this year? Doesn't folgers already sell k-cups...? I think I own some...