Like iced coffe, but made with cacao beans: KOKOMI (Kickstarter beg)

That_KOKOMI_guy

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
Sorry for parachuting in on your forum to beg for some Kickstarter love -- but I really do think this is something that might interest you. I make something called KOKOMI -- a dark chocolate beverage that is made in much the same way as iced coffee, but using cacao instead of coffee beans. Coffee lovers seem to really dig it, as it avoids the ultra-sweet, overly rich flavor profile of most chocolate food and drink products. It tastes like a 90% dark chocolate bar (no, seriously), but it has no fat, no dairy, no caffeine, no artificial anything – and it's good for you. I'll back off on the sales pitch now, and just humbly say: if you want to learn more, please head over to Kickstarter and search for "KOKOMI." Thanks so much for letting me barge in on you like this!

KOK006_SlimCans_mocks_05_30_192.jpg

That_KOKOMI_guy

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
is this carbonated? fizz drink? what about "is it sweet"?
if both no... no fizzy, no sweet, no dairy, no fat, no caffeine, no artificial anything... probably I figure... no taste?

That might otherwise be a reasonable assumption, but it's actually quite rich and flavorful. It is lightly sweetened. No caffeine, but 386 mg of theobromine per 250 ml serving. Not fizzy. Here's some footage from our most recent taste test -- these reactions are pretty typical. Thanks for your note, and come visit us on Kickstarter! (Search for "KOKOMI First Impressions" on YouTube -- sorry, I'm too much of a noob to post links here yet.)

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
I saw something like that a few years ago at a coffee & tea show.

Ya, I thought cacao naturally has caffeine, which I guess means it has to be processed

That_KOKOMI_guy

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
Isn't there some caffeine in cacao naturally? Do you decaffeinate the drink somehow?

I'm not enough of a food science guy to be able to explain how our method of manufacture removes caffeine from KOKOMI, but it does. I have multiple lab reports that show there's essentially none in there after bottling.

That_KOKOMI_guy

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
I saw something like that a few years ago at a coffee & tea show.

Ya, I thought cacao naturally has caffeine, which I guess means it has to be processed

I'd be curious to know what you ran across at the C&T show. i've seen raw cacao health extracts (yuck, and not particularly safe, either), cacao powders designed to be brewed at home in french presses (taste kind of like cocoa tea to me), and oodles of whisk-melted-chocolate-into-hot-milk concoctions. KOKOMI is different. I think it's delicious, of course. Try some for yourself!