Mr Coffee user here

justine1961

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
Hello! My husband and I have tried many other coffee machines and found the simple Mr coffee works for us so nothing fancy here.. I am just looking for a simple solution to a complaint he has about if It is ok to grab the pot before it is done brewing.. I have always said it is fine because that is why the machine stops itself when you pull the pot out.. he freaks out and says it all has to be blended.. oh my! so that is why I am here.
we are in our 50s and I started drinking coffee after years of him begging me to try it and I finally broke down at a ihop! ( I think because the pot and cup were already there) I was hooked from then on in and I look forward to the smell each and everyday! we are always trying to brands and we accidently bought a whole bean bag and now feel compelled to try a grinder but no idea which one to buy! This site seems very informative and I shall search for my answers in the forums.
Good day to all!:oops:

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Yeah this is one case where the wife isn't correct. The pause/pour 'feature' is actually not good if you're looking for a balanced pot. When coffee is brewed the most flavorful solubles/caffeine start being extracted when water saturates the grounds and weakens as it progresses. Grabbing a cup during the first half of brewing is going to leave the second half somewhat weaker overall.

Glad you appreciate good coffee regardless of equipment/coffee used to create it.

justine1961

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
thanks for the fast response

Yeah this is one case where the wife isn't correct. The pause/pour 'feature' is actually not good if you're looking for a balanced pot. When coffee is brewed the most flavorful solubles/caffeine start being extracted when water saturates the grounds and weakens as it progresses. Grabbing a cup during the first half of brewing is going to leave the second half somewhat weaker overall.

Glad you appreciate good coffee regardless of equipment/coffee used to create it.

I advised him of what you said and he and I had some friendly spousal bantar. too funny! he is right and I am wrong. It was fun telling him how right he was. Thank you very much!

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
At work there are a few people that do this on purpose because they want a stronger cup that what is being made. Problem is our Commercial Bunn does not have the pause/pour feature so they usually end up making a mess.

Latest posts