organic coffee or regular

chrisyx21

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
What's the address to your organic site? I would be interested in checking it out.

Mind you, before the industrial revolution everything was "organic" maybe, insteading of people seeing it as a form elitism, I think it is going back to a more natural way of living. I totally agree with Josh.

Well, I guess I have to. He changes the oil in my car and takes out the garbage!

Hey SunriseCoffeeLasVegas, I agree you guys on going more organic wise on food and drinks. It's more healthy and good for your body. At my work now we have this coffee called Tylers Coffee, and it's organic/acid free so I dont worry to much about drinking it throughout the day.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hey SunriseCoffeeLasVegas, I agree you guys on going more organic wise on food and drinks. It's more healthy and good for your body. At my work now we have this coffee called Tylers Coffee, and it's organic/acid free so I dont worry to much about drinking it throughout the day.

Hello Chrisyx21"

Your posts are starting to look like advertisements for Tyler's Coffee. We get the point that you drink it at work, and you like it. Now, it's time to move on to other topics. (but not mug huggers).

Rose

DorothyGonzalez

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I go to the organic coffee, because as what you say everyone wants to ensure their health so do I. I want to secure my health and my family’s health as well in choosing the best kind of coffee we we’re going to drink. :coffee1:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I go to the organic coffee, because as what you say everyone wants to ensure their health so do I. I want to secure my health and my family’s health as well in choosing the best kind of coffee we we’re going to drink. :coffee1:

hi dorothy, it is absolutely positively okay to drink none organic coffees. whether you believe me or not, organic or none organic does not have anything to do with "health". Even Fair Trade or Rain Forest is not what it seems to be. 99.9% is all "marketing" scheme from Gov't and other huge companies.

Also, for your information, most of very expensive specialty coffees (Geisha, Pacamara, Bourbon..etc basically micro lots) are not organic. But a lot of people goes after these types of specialty coffees. They are not likely to be organic because of very simple reason. These specialty coffee trees produce much less than regular coffee trees, like caturra, catuai, and other hybrid trees. On top of that, they go thru very strict sorting process which loses more beans (rejects by specialty coffee sorting standards).

If they use organic, the production of coffee drops between 30% to 50% automatically which will drive the pricing even higher and tougher for farmers to make living by selling micro (specialty) lot coffees.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
if you have time, here is interesting article about Organic & Fairtrade facts.

This 10 year research was done by Manfred Zeller (University of Hohenheim) : "over a period of ten years, our analysis shows that organic and organic-fairtrade farmers have become poorer relative to conventional producers. We conclude that coffee yield levels, profitability and efficiency need to be increased, because prices for certified coffee can not compensate for low productivity, land or labor constraints." unquote.

https://www.deepdyve.com/lp/elsevie...on-s-troubled-link-for-nicaragua-s-8UKA4J1zbI

PS: it is definitely "not MORE fresh".

luwakcoffee

Jul 13, 2011
Indonesia
Visit site
The local expat buyers in our country dont care about fair trade. They only want to make profit without care to the coffee farmer community. May be I am the only one who still commit to offer with Fair Trade basis in Bali. We know our coffee is finest and we must keep the eligible price for finest coffee

ProjectBrew

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I had this cup of coffee in Colombia on a beans farm and it was divine. It was the best tasting coffee out of a French Press I had ever had. Till this day I wish I could relive that coffee.
tldr; Organic coffee is far superior

ananka

Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I am writing an e-book on coffee and have sampled at least 40 or 50 brands. I have also talked to coffee roasters in this country, South American and Central America. Coffee is one of the most sprayed crops of any food product. I personally witnessed this
in both Brazil and Columbia. Whenever I can afford it I always buy organic bean, however, I have been told by those in the industry that coffee grown in shade and in higher elevations is often grown without pesticides even though it may not be labeled organic.
A question for you guys, has anyone tried an organic decaf, preferably dark roast, that really tastes like real coffee? I have tried at least a dozen and no matter how they are processed the flavor is sorely lacking. They tend to be tasteless, bitter or have a really
strange taste.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Decaf + Dark Roast (I am guessing Agtron # 35 to 20) = No flavor what so ever.
Darker you roast, less coffee profile the coffee will have.

Swiss water process (to make them decaf) will ruin the delicate flavor profiles of specialty coffee. (even though SWP will dispute)

so, if you want to taste REAL GOOD COFFEE, try Agtron 55 to 50 (light medium roast), freshly roasted, specialty coffee (over 85 SCAA Point).

As far as Organic is concerned, it got nothing to do with coffee taste / profile / health ....etc

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I have tried at least a dozen and no matter how they are processed the flavor is sorely lacking. They tend to be tasteless, bitter or have a really strange taste.

It's been my experience that any kind of decaf has a tasteless, bitter, and strange (chemical) after taste. I've yet to come across a decaf coffee that tastes like coffee. I guess I'm too used to drinking the real deal, and decaf is not for me.