Recipe to make Starbucks White chocolate moca

G

What I meant by not having white chocolate in it, is that the syrup appears an oil not a cream like I would imagine you would get from melting down the chocolate bars.

G

For a cheap, but pretty decent espresso machine, try a Krups Gusto. They can be had for less than forty or fifty bucks, and do a pretty decent job.

As far as the white mocha stuff goes, you can occasionally find the white mocha syrup starbucks uses on eBay.

G

Re: Funny...

jsimpson said:
New to the forum, found it funny it appears other people are doing exactly what I am doing. Trying to make the white chocolate moca. I bought a white chocolate syrup that is a flavoring syrup and doesn't actual contain white chocolate. It doesn't smell like white chocolate or taste like it. I also have been trying it with just normal coffee I don't have an espresso machine.

I actually don't care much for coffee at all, but I'm trying to learn. I recieved a mr. coffee drip machine but I think coffee is too weak, tastes like water. Even at the stores. But I love the mocas. Any advice on a cheap espresso. I read a post about a guy looking for a gift for his girlfriend of a 150 dollar espresso machine people seemed to just laugh at him. For someone who isn't into coffee as much would I really be disappointed with the basic espresso machines at a target/wal-mart/sears store equivilent? Especially if I'm going to mix it with so much cream and flavorings. Thanks.

Actually Wal-Mart has espresso machines for $30. I got mine at Linens and Things for $60. I use the Toranomi WC syrup for my WCMs and it's really good. I get it at Albertson's. I also add whip cream to the top of mine and i think it adds an extra flavor to make it taste even more like starbucks. you're never gonna get it the same or Starbuck's wouldn't be in business. but it's really good.

G

starbucks white chocolate syrup

You can buy the white chocolate syrup off e-bay! :D

G

CARAMEL MACH. Recipe

you said you mastered this recipe...please share!!!

G

Re: Funny...

Anonymous said:
.... you're never gonna get it the same or Starbuck's wouldn't be in business. but it's really good.

Wrong. Even if it could be made at home as good, or better, than Starbucks, the ease of purchasing a convenience item will keep customers flocking.

G

I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a very big difference. But you really do need to use espresso to make it a real Mocha. A lot of it depends on the ingredients used in the Mocha syrup. Try to find another brand with similar ingredients.

White Mocha Syrup Bottle said:
INgredients: Sugar, condensed skim milk, sweetened condensed skim milk, partially hydrogenated coconut oil, cocoa butter, natural flavor, salt, potaaium sorbate (as a preservative), monoglycerides.

Also, you can purchase White Mocha Syrup on eBay.

((If you live in So. Cal., you can buy some off of me....)) :wink:

G

WCM

Has anyone tried the white choc. sauce instead of the syrup?

janie1963

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
white choc. sauce is better than syrup. I have a drive thru espresso shop and we've switched to Ghirardeli's sweet ground white choc (powder). I can't keep it in stock...the customers love it and we get many many compliments and comments regarding our drinks being better than "you know who's". For home use, I'd suggest trying Ghirardeli's white chocolate sauce. I have never tried a home espresso machine...we have a lot of cusstomers who have tried them and gave up. It's not just the sauces or flavorings-it's the beans and techniques,(training experience, etc.). I think if your goal is to make a decent tasting espresso at home, then you can acheive that at home with time and practice. If you're goal is to get the same drink at home as you do in any good specialty coffee shop, you might never be satisfied.

G

Carmel Machiato (sp?)

Someone said they had mastered the carmel machiato drink. Please Please Share. Thank you.

janie1963

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
A REAL macchiato is espresso shots "marked" with steamed milk, as macchiato means "to mark". The Sbux version is bascially a vanilla latte topped with whip cream and caramel sauce.

G

the carmel macchiato recipe

well..janie has it right. as far as the Barnes&Noble cafe "bev.recipe guide" describes..the carmel macchiato is from the bottom up :vanilla syrup,steamed milk(especially good w/ soy),espresso shot(s),foam or whipped cream topped with carmel sauce.
the best drink in the world...but I'm bias. :D

G

white chocolate maocha

Try Schokinag Delce De Leche drinking chocolate with a little strong coffee. It pure white chocolate and carmel chips (no cocoa or powdered milk) Star bucks copied it and thier extreme dark for their own drinking chocolate drinks. Schokinag has been making it for serveral years.

BradleyT

May 8, 2005
Visit site
The difference is in the type of syrup you get, white chocolate syrup is not really white chocolate at all and is not to good, White Chocolate Sauce is what you want. It makes all the difference in the world. :)