Recipe to make Starbucks White chocolate moca

jstbrznby

May 9, 2005
Visit site
White Mochas

hi, well, in my frustrations of trying to make my own Wite mochas I have trie the Gheriddelli white chocolate and the Davinci and niether one of them come close to duplicating Starbucks' White Mocha. Unfortunatly, Starbucks is always at least $15 -$20 more.

So after reading the ingredients that said Sweetened Condensed Milk I tried that, but it was flat until I mixed it with some real Vanilla. Now, that isn't bad at all. In fact it is pretty god. I like it better than the Davinci and Gherriddelli sauces. At any rate, just a thought, at least you will know what has gone into your coffee, just make sure you get the sweetened condenesed and not the simple canned milk.

hope this helps you out, Pam

Lotusjewel

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone. New to the forum.

Great information on the starbucks drinks. Although I think all the drinks I've tasted so far are great, my favorie is the Tuxedo.

In Lake Tahoe they call it a Zebra, in San Francisco they call it a Black n White. All it is, is a half chocolate/half white chocolate mocha. Although served hot is by far the best taste, an iced one is still good.

With all of your suggestions on where to buy/how to make the chocolates, I'm going to give it a shot at home. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your Zebra/Tuxedo/Black n White if you get one :D

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
not here

topher said:
Try www.guittard.com not sure if they sell to the consumer or just retail stores...I will post a phone number tomorrow when I get back to work. It is awsome stuff! As the sbux caramel Macchiato it is not a carmel drink...it is a latte with vanilla topped with caramel...so the only caramel in the drink is the topping.

The local starbucks here in CA puts caramel in to the cup first, then steamed milk, then a stir, then a shot of vanilla, and finally the espresso on top unstirred....

Junipersue

Jul 6, 2004
New London, WI
Visit site
As an independent barista, why is everyone so gaga over Starbucks!!! We around here in Northeastern WI fel that Starbucks is very bitter and high priced. My suggestion is to create your own White Choc Mocha and not worry about Starbucks. You might be surprised. Also if you are using a regular brewed coffee instead of espresso-this will also alter your flavorings. Espresso has that wonderful crema whereas brewed coffee does not.

I am a faithful user of Ghirardelhi Choc. Sauce, not syrup and my customers tell me I am better than Starbucks. The syrups will not achieve that creamy choc. found in mochas and can tend to have a funny taste. I use the caramel sauce, white choc. sauce and the dark choc. sauces. Can't find a better sauce anywhere.

12 oz cup-1 pump sauce
16 oz-2 pumps
20 oz-3 pumps.

help support your local coffee shop and forget Starbucks!!!

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Why worry

Because there is one 1.1 miles to the North of me on the same blvd I'm on, there is a second .125 miles to the South of me on the same blvd, there is a new third one going in .6 miles to the East of on the nearest cross street to me, and there is a 4th 1.7 miles to the West of me going in late this year on the second biggest cross street to me. Though that one is going to hurt the independent guy across the street from them more then me....I mean no offense but perhaps they haven't dominated Wisconsin yet.... but 9 in our town of 200k is getting daunting.

A San Francisco spokes person for Starbucks said they will have enough in the city when they can look outside the door of every Starbucks and see another - to the left and to the right.

You may not want to worry now, but sadly we all had better be ready to compete or get toasted.

devildog2

May 14, 2006
Visit site
white mocha

first off you can make an awesome mocha latte without white syrup. I like to use a pack of instant swissmiss. First add in the packet in your cup then add in 4 tablespoons of canned cream and a few teaspoons of sugar. Mix it up good, it will look gritty and ugly. Then shoot in a shot of cool whip and add what you like (espresso/coffee).

If you use coffee, dont make a pot like normal coffee, it is to watery. Put in the amount of coffee grinds for a pot but only use a half pot of water or just over half pot of water. Then when the coffee is in the pot poor it back into the coffee maker again and run it through a second time.

This is how you make the coffee strong like espresso, some like it run through a 3rd time but it is to strong for me like that. Anyways make the coffee first and then do your cup of mix.

I like to mix decaf and columbian coffee grinds 50/50 and make this drink with it, this way I get half the caffeen and can drink twice as many. Don't worry about the gritty look, stir with a chopstick as you add the hot coffee and it froths up nice and looses the gritty look and taste when you are ready to drink.

I am opening up a place in Jacksonville, Florida and will be serving this in a 20oz. cup for $2. I had Starbucks white mocha latee and think mine taste better. Heck I made my hot chocolate like this since 1986 before I ever heard of Starbucks.

play with the amount of canned cream you add, you might like more or less but dont forget to run your coffee back through your coffee maker more than once to get the strong flavor you need to make this work.

Try it and let me know that you think, some of my friends like me to use a packet of french vanilla cream in it too just to make it smoother.

unit_number_43

May 8, 2006
Pennsylvania
Visit site
I'm sure it's been said a bunch already, but just to reinforce. You need espresso, not drip coffee.

if you go to a starbucks they'll probably let you buy a cup of just white mocha syrup for a decent price. Espresso shots go bad in 10 seconds however, so you'll need to brew those yourself.

sewingiowa

Jun 8, 2006
USA
Visit site
WCM

Here is a recipe that I have come to like for WCM. If someone tries it let me know what you think.

1 shot Starbucks Espresso
1/2 cup milk steamed with 1/2 oz. Torani WCM sauce

Pour steamed milk over the Espresso. Then I add some whip cream and a little Smuckers Caramel Sauce on the top.

Hope you enjoy!

coffeetology girl

Jun 12, 2006
Manila
Visit site
White Chocolate Iced Mocha

Hi!

Please find below, recipe for White Chocolate Iced Mocha.

Ingredients:

1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) White Chocolate Sauce
1-2 shots (2 Tbsp.-1/4 cup) espresso
4 oz. (1/2 cup) milk
1 cup ice

Fill a 12 oz. glass about 3/4 full with ice. Add milk, white chocolate sauce and stir. Pour in espresso, stir and enjoy. Serving/Yield: 1-12oz.

For more coffee recipe, check our website below :)

azcrum

Jul 1, 2006
Glendale AZ
Visit site
maxey said:
I tried Albertson's, they seem to have everything but WCM syrup. I'll try another store. Thanks.

BTW - I searched the Internet and it looks like Ghirardelli Chocolates sells the WCM sauce (same as syrup?). If you have one in you area, give that a try.

Also - yeutingliu, your gonig to need an expresso machine to get anywhere close to the taste your trying to achieve.

I read that the sauce that Starbucks uses is made exclusively for them but I saw it on Ebay in very large containers today but it was already sold. I love the White Choc Mocha drinks but I can't seem to get it right with anything I buy....the syrup or sauce. :-D

serrab

Oct 12, 2006
Visit site
Junipersue said:
As an independent barista, why is everyone so gaga over Starbucks!!! We around here in Northeastern WI fel that Starbucks is very bitter and high priced.

help support your local coffee shop and forget Starbucks!!!

Agree! We were vacationing in upstate NY recently and took a day trip to Manchester, VT. When looking for a coffee house we stumbled across a place called Simple CoffeeWorks. My hubby, a coffee purist, had their Simple Mudd, a bold strong coffee. I had a Carmel Latte. I must say it was the BEST carmel espresso drink I have ever had and that is saying a lot! We enjoyed it so much we stopped back after several hours of sightseeing and shopping and had another round. Woohoo for the little guy! :)

coffeeworld

Dec 16, 2006
Visit site
white chocolate mocha

i am also on a quest for the perfect white chocolate mocha, the most recent thing that i've tried is chopping the white chocolate chips in the blender, and then mixing that with powdered sugar. that then went with the espresso and steamed milk. that turned out ok. i did however notice that the important part of the espresso is the beans, extra chopping regular coffee beans and trying to use them for espresso doesn't work, but i did use espresso in a regular coffee machine with only enough water to make 3 shots of espresso and that worked well.

p.s. i found this great website that i would like to share that sells white chocolate syrup and other products that i will soon be trying.
http://syrup2u.com/

whitemochalover

Jan 31, 2007
Visit site
I''ve tried endless experiments to achieve the exact flavor of the Starbucks white mocha. And sorry to say this taste is very difficult to duplicate. I believe the end taste is due to their coffee beans, white chocolate syrup and even the whip topping (also an important ingredient) together. But by the time you get all their ingredients, it probably ends up saving you no money at all.

It seems most coffee places have a white chocolate mocha drink nowadays (even the one in Borders), but its just not the same as the Starbucks.

:x

But I will continue to try all the suggestions listed on here for my endless search for homemade Starbucks!

whitemochalover

Jan 31, 2007
Visit site
I''ve tried endless experiments to achieve the exact flavor of the Starbucks white mocha. And sorry to say this taste is very difficult to duplicate. I believe the end taste is due to their coffee beans, white chocolate syrup and even the whip topping (also an important ingredient) together. But by the time you get all their ingredients, it probably ends up saving you no money at all.

It seems most coffee places have a white chocolate mocha drink nowadays (even the one in Borders), but its just not the same as the Starbucks.

:x

But I will continue to try all the suggestions listed on here for my endless search for homemade Starbucks!