Recipe to make Starbucks White chocolate moca

coffeesnob2007

Feb 3, 2007
Visit site
How to Really Make a Latte

I have been reading through some of this and my head is spinning at all the trickery about making a latte. :grin:

For starters, to achieve a good latte, a $30 Walmart espresso machine will do nothing more than disappoint. I had purchased a Mr Coffee brand and it blew. I took that back so fast!!

Then I bought a more expensive machine, which I love. I bought a Krups that was about $150.

One important thing to remember about making a latte is that you want something that can steam milk AND achieve a good foam. You will not get this with a cheap machine. Sorry.

To properly steam milk and achieve a nice amount of foam, here are some tips.
  • 1. Chill your container that hold the milk in the freezer for at least 5 minutes - up to 15.
    2. If you can, put the milk in it while you put it in the freezer, but no more than 5 minutes following this method.
    3. It is best to use a stainless steel container instead of glass.
    4. Your container should really have the capacity to hold double the amount of liquid you are pouring into it.
    5. Your milk needs to be COLD...and I mean COLD. This is why putting it in the freezer is a good idea.
    6. Fat free and 1% milk foam the absolute best.

Some other tips for properly making espresso....
  • 1. Do not use ground coffee....use espresso. Real espresso - not some french roast or Maxwell House. That is crap. ;)
    2. Whole beans freshly ground within the last 5 days produce a much better taste.
    3. When grinding your own beans, use a fine grind. This will allow the best and most proper brew. You will know it is brewing properly because your espresso will have a light foam on the top of it.
    4. Tamp your espresso down in the filter before inserting the filter into the machine.
    5. Cold water makes a better tasting espresso. Don''t worry, it will come out piping hot.

I love Starbucks'' Marble Mocha Macchiato. I am not 100% there, but I can tell you what I have done to almost get that flavor. It works for a White Chocolate Mocha as well.
1. Make your own sauce and syrup. If you don''t know how, that is what Google is for. :grin: search: recipe, white chocolate sauce
2. Starbucks makes their own which chocolate sauce and dark chocolate syrup. They will not sell these to the public.
3. The white chocolate sauce is made in a factory and the dark chocolate syrup is made right there in the store daily.

The oil in the cup after you finish your Mocha is from the white chocolate. It is very simple to make yourself on a stovetop with heavy whipping cream and white chocolate.

To make a Marble Mocha Macchiato:
1 oz white choc sauce
1 cup steamed milk
Milk Foam
1 oz espresso shot
dark choc drizzle

OR

1.5 oz choc sauce
1.5 cup steamed milk
Milk Foam
2 oz espresso shot
dark choc drizzle

White Mocha
The same as above, add extra .5 oz of white choc mocha and omit the dark chocolate.

How do I know all of this? If I told you, I would have to kill you! :grin: :wink:

coffeesnob2007

Feb 3, 2007
Visit site
One more thing I wanted to add - the Ghirardelli brand is waaayyy sweeter than Starbucks. Also, it will coagulate pretty easily, so if you chose to purchase it, shake it vigorously at least once a day.

jungolgirl

Feb 5, 2007
Visit site
ebay mang

the only way you are going to succeed is to buy the fontana/starbucks white choc. sauce off ebay, go to starbucks and buy their espresso beans and a bean grinder while your at it so you can grind them, then get a espresso machine and learn to make it at home with all the same ingredients they use, thats how i did it and i will never buy another starbucks white mocha again! now, if they were cool enough to sell the white choc sauce themselves i would still give them my business- but they arent and i have to get it bootleg off the net therefore they are greedy bastards but they did invent my favorite drink, and yours too it sounds like so take my advice and you will never have to leave home to get your morning coffee drink,

remember

1.fontana or starbucks white choc sauce (they are both the same exact thing)
2. starbucks brand espresso beans (grind them yourself at home!)
3. decent espresso machine

in the end you do save money, eventually. But more importantly you dont have to leave home to get it

barista

Mar 26, 2007
Visit site
starbucks white chocolate mocha

I have been trying for years to get the taste of the starbucks white chocolate mocha.
The key is to get the correct white chocolate syrup. Starbucks does not sell it. You can get it on Ebay, but i''m a little leary of getting it from there.
Starbucks also makes its own whip cream, with vanilla in it, to add to the flavor.
I bought a machine from starbucks, i use their esspresso beans, and have come very close to the actual taste.
Although starbucks does not sell the actual syrup... they do sell a version of their white chocolate mocha in ice cream form.... believe it or not, the ice cream actually tastes exactly like the syrup in a mocha and can be substituted for the syrup... I have experimented for years trying to get the tast the same at home, and this is the closest i have gotten.

geewhiz

Jul 8, 2007
Visit site
White chocolate mocha

I had to comment since I tried to duplicate the Caribou White Chocolate Mocha with caramel myself. I bought the Hershey''s White Chocolate and Caramel kisses (they actually make this combo) and would drop a couple into my hot coffee made with steamed milk (about equal portions). Yum ... you might want to try this!

kalixt

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
Re: White Mocha

Hello everyone:

The reason why it tastes weird is because Starbucks uses white chocolate SAUCE not syrup. The sauce is much thicker than the syrup and it is not a Starbucks brand sauce either. If you really want to know exactly how to make one, just ask the barista the next time you go to store. I have asked about many of the drinks and they gladly tell me.

[quote:e2aa31a07a=\"yeutingliu\"]I have not been able to do my experiments due to my crazy schedule. I am interested to know if syrup is indeed what makes the difference. Somehow the white chocolate syrup that I used (which is produced by a very famous chocolate brand) has a very strong smell of plastics. That smell stayed in my coffee regardless of how much caramel I added to the coffee. I''d greatly appreciate it if someone has any clues regarding how to make white chocolate moca comparable to the taste of starbucks. My girl friend does not allow me to buy another brand of white chocolate syrup to experiment before I finished consuming the syrup I bought (unless I am sure that it''s the syrup that causes the difference)...So, save me from consuming that bottle of syrup that has a strange taste...[/quote:e2aa31a07a]

KineticPoet

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Re: White Mocha

[quote:3b6845deae=\"kalixt\"]Hello everyone:

The reason why it tastes weird is because Starbucks uses white chocolate SAUCE not syrup. The sauce is much thicker than the syrup and it is not a Starbucks brand sauce either. If you really want to know exactly how to make one, just ask the barista the next time you go to store. I have asked about many of the drinks and they gladly tell me.[/quote:3b6845deae]

This has got to be wrong, when you search ebay for \"starbucks white chocolate\" there is only one thing that comes up. Starbucks White Chocolate Syrup. Not sauce, but syrup. Maybe you got it mixed up, but here''s a picture of what I''m referring to:

wcs.jpg

m1chellep

Feb 9, 2008
Visit site
Try This!!!

I am so excited! I finally found a recipe that I think tastes the same, if not better than Starbucks White Mocha!!!

The recipe is on the inside of the wrapper for Ghirardelli White Chocolate bars-usually found in the baking aisle (not with the candy bars)

1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup Marshmallow creme (I made my own)
1 bar Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bar (broken into 1\" pieces)
1 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla extract

In a double boiler, combine the corn syrup, marshmallow creme, white chocolate, butter, and milk over hot, but not boiling water.
Stir continuously until the mixture thickens, then remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.

This is unbelievably good! I keep mine in a mason jar. Heat my milk and stir in some to taste, add a couple shots of espresso and top with real whip cream.......I am so so so happy I found this recipe. It''s going to save me so much money!

bgtrkchuck

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
I always buy by beans and syrup/sauce right at Starbucks. They do sell it, just ask the barista for a bottle of whatever you want. The only time they won't sell it is if they are running a bit low on stock...which I can understand and I just get it a few days later when they have more.

adzchiq

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm new here. i'm glad i finally found a site to copy some recipes for good coffee drinks. i also plan to make a coffee flavored cake. is there any thread i could look at? thanks a lot. :)

no1bronc

May 14, 2009
Visit site
You can buy Starbucks white mocha sauce on e-bay, or, for half the price, (63 oz bottle with pump for about $26) you can buy the exact same sauce from Fontana which is the company that makes Starbucks white mocha.

hotchocolatelover

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
a close alternative

I love the Starbucks white chocolate mocha with caramel... I've been looking for an at home alternative. Last October I made a wonderful discovery at walmart... It's Maud Borup Drinking Chocolate Mix in White Chocolate Caramel... it's so good I went back and bought all of them figuring it was going to be a seasonal item, which it was. I'm hoping they bring it back this year! I don't mix it with coffee but I imagine you could. Not expensive at all, just have to stock up to make it all year long. Found it on ebay/amazon for ridiculous prices (walmart sells it for about $3, ebay/amazon for $4-8). :coffee:

Latest posts