Which Coffee do you like most?

coffeemessiah

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Nescafe is garbage. Purely buying this swill is a sin. They pay next to nothing for poor quality coffee, keep farmers poor and they have no incentive to grow anything worthwhile. Then they steam the beans, incinerate them, and grind them up and shove it can. YUM.
Nothing beats a hand roasted, single origin, micro lot coffee. Support your local micro roasters!

Thaifan

Dec 29, 2011
Sydney
Visit site
If there are any Australians on this Forum, don't overlook Coles (supermaket chain) own brand Fair Trade medium roast.

Despite it being cheaper than other name brands, and pre-ground, it produces a surprising amount of Crema. I know some think only home ground beans can produce a good volume of Crema, but this isn't always the case.

As mentioned in the "What Are You Drinking Now" thread, I feel the taste is well rounded and smooth. Very similar to what a coffee shop would serve you here in Sydney.

I feel I am most likely to continue buying it for just less than $6 a packet, than buying beans and grinding them myself.

Coles also have an Ethiopian blend, which has had some rave comments on an advertising forum.

Because Coles is one of the 2 supermarket chains that totally dominate the Australian food market, - just by volume sales they can afford to sell good products with their own brand on them at cheaper prices. So, you can't judge Coles coffee as probably not being good, due to the cheaper prices compared to name brands sitting on the shelves alongside them.

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
I still cant say enough for Pele Plantations. They offer a number of Organic Estate coffees. My favourite is the Brocksengate Estate Pele Roast. What a smooth, sweet coffee like none other I have experienced. Give them a try. Visit if you are in the area. I have been to the farm in Honaunau, Hi after first discovering them on the internet.

We got to help pulp coffee (wet mill), rake out the parchment on the dry deck, and roast a batch of green beans. What an experience. Quality checks are made at every step in the process making for an award winning group of coffees offered. Have a look PelePlantations.com

HalfCaffeinated

Feb 22, 2012
USA
Visit site
Coffee is coffee! Grind it, roast it, blend it, drink it! Doesn't matter!!!! If you ENJOY it, don't bother with elitist criticism. It's pointless. Do what you enjoy, my friends! That being said...I love light roasts! OMNOMNOMNOM!

Cheers!

Brandon @ HalfCafReviews

There are so many good coffees that meet one's specific tastes. When your economic status dictates what you like, that just fine with me.
I like many coffees. I lean toward the Guat and I like Yirgacheffe too.
I learned on the island of Bali, people use banana leaves to line the wok while roasting. I sounds fascinating.

All the best,
Morris
thenutinside.com

youronlinecoffee

Feb 27, 2012
San Francisco
Visit site
Fair Trade Coffee and Organic Coffee are my favorites. I sure like fresh roasted dark roast Ethiopian and the more subtle taste of Bolivian. Find the right supplier like us, sample many different flavors. You will find this a well worth your coffee enjoyment.

Latest posts